Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
kirkdavis

LJ 7/9 Report

Hit the water at 0500. Pretty easy launch. Found a Hobie paddle past the surf and found the owner a little later. Made bait with large greenbacks 5 at one time. Tried flylining and dropper and dropper with dead squid...no joy. Water temp 72. Saw a hundreds of birds diving on bait out in 100 ft but by the time I got there they had stopped. Only saw one YT caught by Mr. Fixit. His first YT off his yak. Hopefully he will share his story and the pic I took for him. Surf was a little rough coming in at 1130 and I took one over the beam but no yard sale.
All in all a great day on the water, puttin in my time to catch a YT. THis was my 4th trip, so hopefully my number will come up one of these days. I have learned a lot from this site, and am learning all the time.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
maquinapescado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkdavis View Post
Hit the water at 0500. Pretty easy launch. Found a Hobie paddle past the surf and found the owner a little later. Made bait with large greenbacks 5 at one time. Tried flylining and dropper and dropper with dead squid...no joy. Water temp 72. Saw a hundreds of birds diving on bait out in 100 ft but by the time I got there they had stopped. Only saw one YT caught by Mr. Fixit. His first YT off his yak. Hopefully he will share his story and the pic I took for him. Surf was a little rough coming in at 1130 and I took one over the beam but no yard sale.
All in all a great day on the water, puttin in my time to catch a YT. THis was my 4th trip, so hopefully my number will come up one of these days. I have learned a lot from this site, and am learning all the time.
Your day was identical as mine. Dead stick squid for nada. Flyline and DL with macks....nada. Helped some guy with his first YT, gaffed for him, clipped gills for him and took some pics. The paddle you found belonged to someone I was out with. Thanks for that.

I made it to those birds and it was just tons and tons of macks feeding on pinhead chovies, three inchers. All the action took place 180 degrees from that spot. I couldn't believe nothing came up of that and I can't believe you can still get candy in the dark inshore with solid 72F water.

The only difference in our day is I got one Red I'm about to panko fry.........