Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #11
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Have someone walk you through a beach launch and always be ready to take a spill.

What's wrong with paying for parking and parking right near the sand?

I've dealt with the steps, but you can always drive in to the campsite side, pay for parking drive under PCH and park on the right side of the rocks at Leo. I usually would rather launch in that shore break anyways and you only have to drag/wheel your kayak on sand.
Heh.
So I actually was supposed to go out with a guide a couple of months back but his truck broke down the night before... I already had my kayak on the truck and was crashing at a friend's house up the road. Sooo I had him talk me through the launch/landing the night before. Launch was fine. timed it in the sets, and got out great. The landing though... I assumed I would just ride a wave in and steer through any issues... the wave I "caught" didn't really give me much of a choice..... In one very swift motion, I simultaneously turned and rolled... thankfully only lost my sunglasses, and my baitrunner was no worse for wear after a little washing.

But yeah... Learned the hard way about how to watch the sets coming in

Just got an Avet SX, so I think I'll be keeping it in a ziploc for launch/landing until I get the hang of it.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
malibu, oxnard, ventura