Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Uncle_Tomas

I have never sat in PA but I would think that it’s pretty heavy and might be little awkward to get going when launching in surf?Although I saw some guys are using PA in LJ.My 2019 Outback is probably little lighter and also has a ton of storage and it’s very stable. If you want to go little lighter than that maybe try Compass?
Uncle_Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Tomas View Post
I have never sat in PA but I would think that it’s pretty heavy and might be little awkward to get going when launching in surf?Although I saw some guys are using PA in LJ.My 2019 Outback is probably little lighter and also has a ton of storage and it’s very stable. If you want to go little lighter than that maybe try Compass?

I am a PA12 Owner and they are great for LJ since the surf is relatively small compared to most places. I have only not been able to make it out if its 5+ which is rare in LJ. I really enjoy the extra room and will not downgrade until I can no longer handle the size. My average trips are between 8-10+ hours and the chair, ability to move, Sail Skeg wilt sail made it a winner for me. I've been in most of those little cramped kayaks and not a fan after getting spoiled on the advantage seat and ability to move around which means no soreness after a long day like when I had a smaller kayak.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
baileybikes

This Saturday says 2-3 feet with the primary 2.5' swell at 9 second interval. Is that going to be a challenge with the tandem island?

I haven't tried San Diego Bay yet - I hear the calico are plentiful there but I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
I am a PA12 Owner and they are great for LJ since the surf is relatively small compared to most places. I have only not been able to make it out if its 5+ which is rare in LJ. I really enjoy the extra room and will not downgrade until I can no longer handle the size. My average trips are between 8-10+ hours and the chair, ability to move, Sail Skeg wilt sail made it a winner for me. I've been in most of those little cramped kayaks and not a fan after getting spoiled on the advantage seat and ability to move around which means no soreness after a long day like when I had a smaller kayak.
baileybikes is offline   Reply With Quote