Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
bigbarrels

Woke up sore

Man I must be out of shape but I sure needed an upper body workout after switching over to the Revo. Yesterday I hooked into what turned out to be a BSB (125-150lbs) and fought the thing for around 20 minutes. Such a a magnificent and powerful animal......after getting my hook out I pushed it through the water a few times and pointed its head downward and he bolted......it wacked me with his tail and threw spray into my face......all caught on the GoPro.... I woke up today feeling as if I lifted weights at the gym and have a bruise in my pelvis from the butt end of the pole.....does anyone use a fishing rod belt on the yak? I have one and think I might try it out......

Cloudy all day with no signs of YT for me, no WSB, bait was hard to come by and the wind was perfect......off the water by 1:30.....
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
pchen911

Nice. Catching a kayak BSB is a great experience... One that I don't want to do again.
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
maui jim

I use my Black Belt fighting belt...the less expensive one (Nylon ) added plastic clips to the belt so it snaps onto the seat padeyes in front which is at the perfect position on the deck of the kayak between the legs.

Works great!!

I can still use it to fish on boats, just lenghten the buckells back to the waist position and leave the clips on....
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
I use my Black Belt fighting belt...the less expensive one (Nylon ) added plastic clips to the belt so it snaps onto the seat padeyes in front which is at the perfect position on the deck of the kayak between the legs.

Works great!!

I can still use it to fish on boats, just lenghten the buckells back to the waist position and leave the clips on....

That is a cool idea on the belt......may give that a try.....I have the same belt in the garage....thanks for the idea
Old 06-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post

Works great!!

Actually I meant to ask this question, however I'm just getting into Saltwater Kayak fishing and haven't even attempted my first surf launch yet!
I own a Sumo Ninja fighting belt I thought I'd use. Or maybe a cheap Bass Pro (Offshore Angler) fighting belt, something inexpensive I wouldn't mind donating to my first yard sale. Which I full expect to have very soon since I just bought a larger yak (Pro Explorer). Yeah!!!
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote