Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Sir LJ

LJ Launch Questions

Where do you guys typically launch/park?
Can I park and sleep in my car overnight? I plan on arriving around 12 am and sleeping a few hours before launching.
Can somebody "share the location" for me and send it over text to avoid the confusion. Ill pm you my number
thanks
Sir LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Deamon

Ha!!! Sir LJ doesn't know LJ? As many have said before, use BWE's search function and it'll come up. Good luck. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Sir LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Ha!!! Sir LJ doesn't know LJ? As many have said before, use BWE's search function and it'll come up. Good luck. Jim
Lol LJ is a nickname that was given to me. I didn't even know la jolla existed till after I created my account.
I have been searching but I just find people talking about parking on the "south side" or "north side"
If somebody can send me an exact location that would be great.
I cannot drive onto the sand in my car btw
Sir LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
YTHunter
Carlisle

PM me and I'll give you the lowdown on parking and an option for over night parking.

Dave
YTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
FISH11

If you don't want to wheel your kayak all the way from the Parking lot, than go to the west end of Avenida de la Playa stop before going onto the sand there is 15 minute loading parking on the curve, unload the stuff and drag it onto the sand. Go park your car on the street (watch parking signs as they street sweep on every other Tuesday or Thursday), or parking lot north of launch just north of Kellogg Park (approx. 2 blocks north). Better to check out the area on Google Maps and use Satellite setting. Just reverse the process to load after you're done. There is no overnight parking except on the street and I thing the entrances to the parking lot have gates that are closed during the night. If you need to get there at midnight just look for a parking space on the street. Tight Lines
Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
What a dick!

Sir LJ could have stood for....

Sir:
Lure Jensen
Laser Jet....Mike help me out here...
Old 09-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
YakDout
Brandon

Lazy jackass
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
YakDout
Brandon

Just kidding guys
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Lazy jackass

That's not nice!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #10
Cbad Mike

Deamon will help you as soon as someone calls him and tells him where a good place to park is.
In the mean time....... Just don't park West of the launch.

Last edited by Cbad Mike; 09-22-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #11
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
Deamon will help you as soon as someone calls him and tells him where a good place to park is.
In the mean time....... Just don't park West of the launch.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:11 AM   #12
Deamon

all you guys...I just can't believe I have been called a poacher and a dick in the past week...go figure.

Hey LJ, I'll step up and help a brotha out:

• Park your vehicle w/kayak at the Starbucks on Torrey Pines Rd. and La Jolla Shores Dr. Be there at 6am sharp!
  • Get yourself a warm coffee with all the fixins and put it on my tab (Deamon). Don't forget to tip well pal. Thank me later.
  • Get back in your vehicle and follow any one of the kayaks driving onto LJ Shores Dr. from Torrey Pines Rd.
Oh by the way...lobster season is next week. I had a buddy (who's no longer a buddy) CBAD has been eliminated from my inner circle. He's waited two years for me to show him my VERY BEST lobster spot. Well...he can go himself now. You're in if you want.

Good luck in LJ.

Suggestion for MakoRoberto: 2014/2015 North (All Sewer Locations) vs. South (Lovely San Diego) Kayak Lobster Derby...To benefit HOW...Heroes on the Water
$5 per entry? Grand Prize: Bragging Rights...winners can place a nice emblem/trophy under their avatars like Jorge does... I'm sure my good friend Saba Slayer (Promar!) will toss in a trinket or two for raffles allowing HOW to keep the cash...! Where is MakoRoberto when you need him? Hello...hello?...is this thing working?

LOL...I'll be one of a few targeting Mackerel in LJ this week...Jim

Last edited by Deamon; 09-23-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #13
Dannowar

Don't forget to measure!!!

Can't freekin wait!!!

Old 09-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
If you don't want to wheel your kayak all the way from the Parking lot, than go to the west end of Avenida de la Playa stop before going onto the sand there is 15 minute loading parking on the curve, unload the stuff and drag it onto the sand. Go park your car on the street (watch parking signs as they street sweep on every other Tuesday or Thursday), or parking lot north of launch just north of Kellogg Park (approx. 2 blocks north). Better to check out the area on Google Maps and use Satellite setting. Just reverse the process to load after you're done. There is no overnight parking except on the street and I thing the entrances to the parking lot have gates that are closed during the night. If you need to get there at midnight just look for a parking space on the street. Tight Lines
Actually, the entrance to the parking lot is locked, they leave the exit open. I have always gone thru the exit to park in the wee hours. Unlessof course they started locking it since the construction
Old 09-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #15
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
What a dick!

Sir LJ could have stood for....

Sir:
Lure Jensen
Laser Jet....Mike help me out here...

Last Jedi
Lobster Jim
Little Joker
Lumber Jack
Sir Log Jam

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #16
Cbad Mike

Quote:
all you guys...I just can't believe I have been called a poacher and a dick in the past week...go figure.

Hey LJ, I'll step up and help a brotha out:

• Park your vehicle w/kayak at the Starbucks on Torrey Pines Rd. and La Jolla Shores Dr. Be there at 6am sharp!
  • Get yourself a warm coffee with all the fixins and put it on my tab (Deamon). Don't forget to tip well pal. Thank me later.
  • Get back in your vehicle and follow any one of the kayaks driving onto LJ Shores Dr. from Torrey Pines Rd.
Oh by the way...lobster season is next week. I had a buddy (who's no longer a buddy) CBAD has been eliminated from my inner circle. He's waited two years for me to show him my VERY BEST lobster spot. Well...he can go himself now. You're in if you want.

Good luck in LJ.

Suggestion for MakoRoberto: 2014/2015 North (All Sewer Locations) vs. South (Lovely San Diego) Kayak Lobster Derby...To benefit HOW...Heroes on the Water
$5 per entry? Grand Prize: Bragging Rights...winners can place a nice emblem/trophy under their avatars like Jorge does... I'm sure my good friend Saba Slayer (Promar!) will toss in a trinket or two for raffles allowing HOW to keep the cash...! Where is MakoRoberto when you need him? Hello...hello?...is this thing working?

LOL...I'll be one of a few targeting Mackerel in LJ this week...Jim

GOOD NEWS................
While spooning with Jim I gently explained that he was NOT called both a poacher and dick in the last week but has actually always been called a dick poacher. I also let him know that one person doesn't actually make make a circle.
I'm happy to report that after his tears stopped and he took a couple of Midol that I'm now once again hitting the legendary secret spots with him this weekend.

Last edited by Cbad Mike; 09-24-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #17
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
GOOD NEWS................
While spooning with Jim I gently explained that he was NOT called both a poacher and dick in the last week but has actually always been called a dick poacher. I also let him know that one person doesn't actually make make a circle.
I'm happy to report that after his tears stopped and he took a couple of Midol that I'm now once again hitting the legendary secret spots with him this weekend.

Is that the reef that's 6 miles outside of san diego bay? You guys still using the drake puck or what?
Old 09-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #18
Dannowar

Shots fired!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #19
Cbad Mike

Danny, that bug is huge. It's bigger than my dog.
I'm looking forward to putting those Promars to work.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #20
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Is that the reef that's 6 miles outside of san diego bay? You guys still using the drake puck or what?
I use cages and no, the best spot for lobster isn't the reef. It actually isn't that big of a secret so maybe I'll see you there.
33°10.900'N - 117°20.056'W