Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
steveooo

Diawa Sealines, Saltist, Penn

Cleaning out the garage again. Apparently I’m a hoarder.

As you can see from the pics, I don’t baby my gear, and I don’t worry about boat rash. I do have them serviced regularly at Fisherman’s Access in Brea, and upgrade components where applicable. Most reels below have been upgraded to the carbontex drags.

All are used. All have pretty bad boat rash. I tried to include any pictures of the worst boat rash on each reel. Don’t come here expecting a reel with no rash or scratches.

All are in great mechanical condition, with buttery smooth drags. The Diawa’s Sealines are a lot of bang for your buck, easy to maintain, and have notoriously smooth drags. Most reels below have been upgraded to the carbontex drags. Diawa Sealines have gained the reputation as practically bulletproof reels that stand up to the harsh environment that we see on the kayak.

Here are 6 Diawa’s and a Penn that I don’t use enough to justify keeping.

I’ve got a random bag of clamps. No sure if each reel has a clamp if not. If u pick up a reel and find a clamp that fits, great.

Buy 2 reels, I’ll knock $5 off the total, 3 reels and I’ll take $10 off, 4 reels and I’ll take $15 off, 5 reels and I’ll take $20 off, keep going like that.… you get the idea.

I’m located in Brea. Not looking to ship reels, local pick up only. I’ve priced them pretty fair, so please no low-ballers. Not interested in trades. I don't want to keep these very long. If you can't pick up in a reasonable amount of time, don't tell me you want them.

Email is or text the best way to get a hold of me.

fish4steve@gmail.com

626-665-4657

Here they are:

Sealine-X 40HV. Loaded to almost the top with 80 lb green powerpro. Might have carbontex, but I’m not really sure on this one.

$65

Sealine-X 40HV. 40lb trilene. Carbontex drag.

$55

Sealine-X 30SHA. Carbontex drag, not fished since it was installed and serviced last. Has a backer of 80lb powerpro, but not enough to be useful.

$55

Another Sealine-X 30SHA. Carbontex drag, not fished since it was installed and serviced last. Has a backer of 80lb powerpro, but not enough to be useful.

$55

Sealine-X 20SHA. Upgraded carbontex, and not fished since last service. 20lb trilene.

$55

Saltist 30T. Belive it of not, this is my favotite reel of the bunch. Finish is starting to come off, but it still works great. Most of my big local fish have been caught on this reel. Might have the carbontex, but I’m not really sure. Great mechanical condition for a reel that looks this bad. Loaded with 80lb powerpro. Perfect size for both throwing the heavy and surface iron.

$70

Penn 555. Decent condition, but its probably time to replace the drags.. I lost the clicker button on it a few years back, and never got around to replacing it. 5.1 speed, great for the yoyo.

$35

Penn Long Beach 68. Crappy reel that someone might like. Would be cool to use as a decoration. Loaded with Dacron.

$10

Junky Shakespeare big Coffee Grinder

Free, if you buy something else.

I also have some older rods looking for a good home.

Free if you buy something.

fish4steve@gmail.com

626-665-4657
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
wade

Are you fishin' exclusively with the 'Instant Fisherman' now?!..

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

I have two Sealine 30's and one 40, and I love them. For the price, they are great!
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
steveooo

Saltist 30T is sold.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
forefrazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Saltist 30T is sold.
Dang! I was going to make an offer. Especially with that custom "camo" finish that was on this one.
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
steveooo

The two Sealine 30's are sold.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
steveooo

Here is what I have left from above.

Sealine-X 40HV. Loaded to almost the top with 80 lb green powerpro. Might have carbontex, but I’m not really sure on this one.

$65

Penn Long Beach 68. Crappy reel that someone might like. Would be cool to use as a decoration. Loaded with Dacron.

Free to anyone that can pick it up.

I also have some older rods looking for a good home.

Free to whoever can pick them up.