Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
Lol suks when they have to do their job
Yeah some job, just reminds you how free we really ARE NOT in this country! Pay the tax to fish ( aka fishing license), or get fined! It's just a way to justify more government jobs!

Or fish the pier for free and 99 % of those people take whatever they want home legal or not, they don't care.

It's just upsetting seeing a legit fishermen, who made a simple mistake of forgetting it in his car and he gets screwed.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
momo fish

I hear Cuba has awesome fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Yeah some job, just reminds you how free we really ARE NOT in this country! Pay the tax to fish ( aka fishing license), or get fined! It's just a way to justify more government jobs!

Or fish the pier for free and 99 % of those people take whatever they want home legal or not, they don't care.

It's just upsetting seeing a legit fishermen, who made a simple mistake of forgetting it in his car and he gets screwed.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Funny...

Here's some comedy, since most people can't handle the truth...

http://youtu.be/CGTvWkmEAtM
Old 07-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
KirkG.

Don't "fight" the ticket but take your license to court and just throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Happens all the time, "I have a license, just forgot it in my truck that day your Honor" Many times the Judge will at least reduce the fine.
KirkG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #5
dorado50

I have a vacation home in a third world country. I like it here because there are fewer laws governing my actions, like being able to ride my atv on any beach and being able to let my dog run free, as examples. There are draw backs of course, you need a fishing license to fish! And it must be in possession!. My permanent residence will always be in La Jolla.....I love the USA, and all its freedoms. I just hate the aholes that run our constitution into the ground.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
Vansmack
Junior

Is it really reasonable to think DFG Wardens must help us prove we bought the fishing/hunting license? We are required by law to have them in our immediate possession. If it was that easy/convenient to do then no one would have to carry their license. Ever. I know it sucks, but that's one of the thing we need to make sure we bring with us. If you forgot nearly any other piece of gear you wouldn't be fishing.

Pretty funny, the OC court lists fishing without a license as an example of a non traffic infraction.
http://www.occourts.org/self-help/infraction/

Too bad you can't do a Trail by Declaration as you can for CVC infractions.
Schedule court and call in sick that day! And good luck!!!
Vansmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
I have a vacation home in a third world country. I like it here because there are fewer laws governing my actions, like being able to ride my atv on any beach and being able to let my dog run free, as examples. There are draw backs of course, you need a fishing license to fish! And it must be in possession!. My permanent residence will always be in La Jolla.....I love the USA, and all its freedoms. I just hate the aholes that run our constitution into the ground.
You may want to prepare that vacation home as your permanent residence, because we're on the verge of becoming a third world nation. Just yesterday, S Korea and China made trade agreements to bypass the dollar, that makes over 20 countries this year to make trade agreements to bypass the dollar. We killed Gaddafi after his sales of oil in gold and dinars, we killed Suddam for selling oil in euros, we placed sanctions on Iran, and Russia this year for oil agreements bypassing the dollar. And the countries we've had embargo on for years ( Cuba, N Korea, and Iran), guess what, they've never been on the pedro dollar.
Once we are no longer the world reserve currency, we're screwed with a capital "F".
FACTA went into effect July 1st, but the IRS is giving a two year grace period, so we won't feel those effects until Obama is out of office.

Not to mention the National Defense Authorization Act basically voids the Constitution completely, turning the President into a Dictator. So don't be surprised when martial law goes into effect, suspension of habeas corpeus, and we're thrown into the FEMA camps.

Just a heads up, but enjoy your freedoms folks!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
dorado50

thanks for the lecture......why are you still here???????????

by the way you do know of ohbama's secret army of 250,000 strong right?
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #9
rayster
Junior

The big problem is that the DMV and DFW computers do not talk to each other. You would think that when you run a Drivers License it would show what vehicles are also registered to that person but it does not you have to run it on a different screen.
rayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
easyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Cuba does have some awesome fishing I was there for 6 months when I was in the Marine Corps, absolutely massive tarpon. Those things were so easy to catch wish I had a kayak there.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Cuba does have some awesome fishing I was there for 6 months when I was in the Marine Corps, absolutely massive tarpon. Those things were so easy to catch wish I had a kayak there.

You GITMO guys kill me, you had all the fun.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #12
bolocop

Crap, after all the years of paying for a fishing license, I'm yearning for the time DFG actually asks to see the license. Happened near New Year's in the big bay, but they only hit the PB'ers. Maybe it's too risky to pull up to a kayak and ask for a license?
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #13
Dannowar

it happens....
Old 07-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #14
Fishin' Magician

I got stopped a few months back in Newport Harbor. I was fishing by myself and another kayaker paddled over and asked how I was doing and if I'd caught anything. We were just sitting talking and the DFG boat came over and asked to see both of our licenses. He had to dig around for his, fortunately I had mine handy. They checked his, asked to see his drivers license to verify that the fishing license was his and then...., they popped the lid off of his front hatch and checked the inside his kayak! Hadn't expected that one. I sat and waited until they were done with him and then I held up my license for them to see. They just waved at me and said, "Thought that you two were together. Have a nice day." and drove off without checking my license or looking inside my hatch. Not sure what was up with that, but I wasn't asking any questions. I just shrugged and just kept on fishing. Personally, I'm glad that they check as I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't buy a license but take advantage of our fishery. You have to 'pay to play'.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #15
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I've had DFG search the hatches in my yak and my cooler even after I had it loaded onto the back of my truck in the parking lot. I should have refused the search now that I think of it. Luckily he didn't hassle me about the empty beer cans in the yak
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #16
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Nice!! I didn't get into fishing until I got out. Wish I could go back in time, and do some fishing while in Okinawa, or even Thailand and Korea!!

Not too sure I'd want to fish the lake on Taqqaddum?? And the Euphrates was outside the wire!!

Semper Fi