Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
jorluivil

Non-Fishing Related

We need more judges like this one

">

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 02-05-2013 at 04:17 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

F'ing awsome!

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
caddisx
caddisx

That was beautiful, we need more like him
caddisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
bigdez93
Junior

hahaha! classic...
bigdez93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
JeffB

What a dumb b1+€#, that's so funny!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Drake

The court system is so fickle. Me and my girlfriend were held up at gunpoint when I lived in Boston. The guy was caught and sentenced to 3 years in prison. I was there for the sentencing. The case before our case was a couple who mugged and stabbed a pizza delivery guy for $29. They got 2 years each.

Where is the logic?

This guy is awesome. Cheers to him
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
madncrzydm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The court system is so fickle. Me and my girlfriend were held up at gunpoint when I lived in Boston. The guy was caught and sentenced to 3 years in prison. I was there for the sentencing. The case before our case was a couple who mugged and stabbed a pizza delivery guy for $29. They got 2 years each.

Where is the logic?

Why I am a gun owner.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Lipripper92592

Classic....love that guy! More like him please.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:

Where is the logic?

I call BS, there's no way you have a "girlfriend"

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
I call BS, there's no way you have a "girlfriend"
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
Lipripper92592

Quote:

Where is the logic?

Got to love the disparity in sentencing; my brother was caught with Meth (used to be a tweeker" and was sentenced to 3 years, no gun involved, no injuries, just three years in Fulsom.....should have put him on the chain gang at least the taxpayers would recoup some of the incarceration costs.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
Fiskadoro

I guess it's all how you look at it.

So you have a cute but not so bright little girl 18 years old that got arrested for having a Xanex (a pill) that's used to combat anxiety and depression on her that was not prescribed to her in her possession.

She ends up in court with no idea how to behave. (no criminal record)

She's so nervous she keeps giggling, and playing with her hair. She's overly friendly with the Judge thinking that if she's sweet and cute the Judge (because he's a guy) will be nice to her.

When the Judge asks here is she's got any money (standard question asked before appointing a public defender) She thinks he's being personal, and proudly states she's got money, because she owns a car (probably junk), a lot of jewelry (probably junk) and has a job where she makes $200 a week which she obviously believes as a lot of money.

The Judge doesn't like her because she has no idea how to behave in court and see's it as being disrespectful. When the public defender tries to intercede and just asks to be appointed, he denies the request and sarcastically says she's wealthy enough to hire an attorney, even though it's obvious that is not the case, because she just said she only makes $200 a week.

The Judge then asks for a "no piteous" (no mercy) bail assessment from the clerk and sets her bail at $5000 because straight up he doesn't like her.

In most places a Xanax charge and the punishment for possession of Xanax depend on the weight of the drug. For example in Texas possession of less than 28 grams of Xanax is a Class A Misdemeanor

Bail for Misdemeanor Offenses is usually around a $1000. Battery domestic violence, DUI, first offense maybe $3,000, 2nd offense Domestic Violence or DUI might get you a $5,000 bail.

Unfortunately she's in Florida. Xanax is listed as a Schedule IV drug in Florida. So it's a third Degree Felony to possess any amount of Xanax (even one pill) without a prescription in Florida, so the Judge has grounds to give a high bail and he does so simply because he does not like her, and wants to give her a hard time.

Of course she's so ignorant of courts, and their procedures, and so nervous and self conscious that's she's oblivious to the fact he's giving her a hard time, and happily says: "adios" a friendly goodbye when he dismisses her.

Bad move!!!! Nothing makes someone that's giving you a hard time madder then not noticing the fact that they are giving you a hard time.

So he calls her back and doubles the bail to $10000 which is so ridiculously high that at that point, even as dumb as she is, even she realizes he's giving her a hard time, and that the bail is outrageous.

Of course being dumb as rock she then says something nasty and flips him off giving him an excuse to really let her have it. So 30 days in jail, at the cost of maybe 6 grand to taxpayers.

I'm supposed to get excited about this.

Meanwhile even though the U.S. government has launched a civil lawsuit against Standard & Poor's and parent The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc over alleged illegal behavior tied to the recent financial crisis, seeking over 5 billion in damages, not a single individual involved in the violations that are now considered "key enablers of the financial meltdown" have been sentenced to, or served a single day of jail time.

Yep the American judicial system at work. We definitely got the bad guys one the run now.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 02-06-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
StinkyMatt

Im with Jim on this one.

Putting that stupid broad in jail is not gonna do anything, maybe get her to "harden" up a little and become a real criminal.

The type of behavior the judge showed should be reserved for the "real" criminals.

It is not cool that a judge can pull your bail amount out of the sky.

Just my .02
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
dorado50

In order to defend one's self in the courtroom successfully is to have lots and lots of money. Liberal judges are a downfall to our court system. The judge above is biased,also "bad for business".......
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #15
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
I'm supposed to get excited about this.

Screw her.

I grew in what the people from the hood called, 'The Hood'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliso_Village

One of my childhood friends was a little bad ass when we were in elementary school, we all feared him but we loved to hang out with him. He eventually found his way into the court system and continued to have the same efff-it attitude. Before he reached the age of 18 he had a record that would make the worst person on this site look like an Angel yet he continued with his 'you can't touch me attitude'.

One day back in 1990 he found his way back into the court system, this time he was on trial as a legal adult. He's still serving his life sentence in Folsom Prison for a double homicide, I wonder if he still has the same attitude?

Nevertheless, one less criminal off the street and I'll pay for that anytime.