Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
drunkenmaster

why go to la jolla?

when i can just stay local and fish Newport!
fished the morning after the new moon on monday.... this my first attempt at thresher fishing......
got on the water at 8 am arriving late due to the fact that i left my paddle and had to go back for it....i was pretty pissed off.. unsure if i was gonna still go, my bed was calling my name...luckly i had some kush! hahah!
it took for ever to make bait, dident think i was gonna be able to. got lazy and driffed my sabiki rig.....the rig gets slamed and starts spooling me, using my 8lb spottie rod...i start tripin thinkin to my slef this is no bait fish...10 mins go's by and it coler and its a dam bat ray all tangled in my rig!hahah stupid thing...what a mess he made..

tossed back out and right a way six perfect green backs!
yes! about time....
on my way heading south a hour in to the troll my clicker screams zzzzzzz!zzzzzzzzzz!!!!zzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! reach back set the hook and game on a HUGE thresher jumping ever where...sooo bad asssss!!!!!!!i was worried and confident at the same time,i had fresh 40lb but i was fishing a j hook and i knew my line was rubing against his teeth.damit busted.....IMMEDIATELY my 20lb starts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bam! HOOK UP going on my first slay ride.. this fight was different...thresher no jumps??? huh? about 15 -20 mins later it come up!and its a nice wsb!
im sooo stoked out there screaming and yelling!!!hahha yes about time....
my first wsb!!!!! and my first thresher hook up! what a day!

took it to balboa anglers club and wait it on there scale it was a clean 40!
Attached Images

drunkenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote