Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
rhyak

Open Spots on Islander 6-11 to 6/14

We have three spots on the Islander on 2.5-day mothership trip leaving this Thursday night.

Will be able to fish all day Friday and Saturday at San Clemente Island.

Last year we scored a decent amount of fish and hopefully be able to do the same this year.

Cost is $825 which includes meals.

Message me or email trips@fishvillage.com

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:19 AM   #2
FISH11

That is a must do kind of trip. I went on a 2.5 day trip and it was awesome. Good Luck!
Attached Images

Last edited by FISH11; 06-07-2020 at 04:54 PM. Reason: add picts
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:21 AM   #3
govomit

$825 is like half a Hobie. Wouldn't sink it anytime soon.
govomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:41 AM   #4
TJones

Interested

Never done one of these but sounds like a good experience. What do you bring? Your kayak and all your normal kayak gear. Fish finder, bait tank, rods, tackle, etc., etc.? Plus all your kayaking clothes? Seems like it would be a lot of loading. No restrictions on kayak model? I see a Pro Angler in picture. Looks like it is out of San Diego. I would be trailering a PA. So parking in residential and wheeling loading yak down hill to landing? Or do you pull in unload and then park? I sent an email with my phone number. Thanks.

Last edited by TJones; 06-08-2020 at 06:48 AM.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:48 AM   #5
DanaYakAngler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Never done one of these but sounds like a good experience. What do you bring? Your kayak and all your normal kayak gear. Fish finder, bait tank, rods, tackle, etc., etc.? Plus all your kayaking clothes? Seems like it would be a lot of loading. No restrictions on kayak model? I see a Pro Angler in picture. Looks like it is out of San Diego. I would be trailering a PA. So parking in residential and wheeling loading yak down hill to landing? Or do you pull in unload and then park?

They do not allow PA's unfortunatley. They used to allow them, but don't anymore. I went on the trip two years ago. The crew is great, and they are very efficient in loading all the kayaks and gear. This trip is a bucket list trip.
DanaYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:51 AM   #6
TJones

Thank you for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaYakAngler View Post
They do not allow PA's unfortunatley. They used to allow them, but don't anymore. I went on the trip two years ago. The crew is great, and they are very efficient in loading all the kayaks and gear. This trip is a bucket list trip.
I have a trident also. That thing would kick my tail after one long day. . Sounds like fun. How is the fishing? What are Primary targets? Ground fish, and Halibut would seem like a given. Yellows would be ideal, needless to say. Thanks for reply.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:51 AM   #7
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
I have a trident also. That thing would kick my tail after one long day. . Sounds like fun. How is the fishing? What are Primary targets? Ground fish, and Halibut would seem like a given. Yellows would be ideal, needless to say. Thanks for reply.
You take your kayak to the dock, park in the parking lot long term section, wheel the kayak to the Islander and then the ships crew take over loading it and for the rest of the trip they are the ones putting them in and out of the water. Need a long leash or rope to tie up front for tieing and control. The food is incredible on these multi-day trips, breakfast, lunch and dinner. They put you in areas according to the weather conditions and usually fish for Calicos, Yellowtail, Halibut, etc. They bring you out more live bait, drink or snack on a dingy and all you do is radio them. Never have to leave the area you are fishing if you don't want. Check out the the Islander web site for more detail. Awesome crew. Life time bucket trip!
Old 06-08-2020, 08:32 AM   #8
TJones

Thanks again

For sure bucket list.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #9
GregAndrew

Not on your kayak all day generally. They drop you in in morning and pick you up at lunch (up or down the shoreline), then drop you back in (sometimes with a move of location at lunch).
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #10
rhyak

Like Greg said getting in and out of your kayak for breaks is not an issue at all just paddle over to the boat and jump off for 20-30 minutes and stretch and start back up. The boat moves up and down the island with us and they have a inflatable skiff that brings out cold drinks and bait and brings back the catch and puts on ice.

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #11
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyak View Post
Like Greg said getting in and out of your kayak for breaks is not an issue at all just paddle over to the boat and jump off for 20-30 minutes and stretch and start back up. The boat moves up and down the island with us and they have a inflatable skiff that brings out cold drinks and bait and brings back the catch and puts on ice.
Bucket trip list for sure. Crew is second to none and food is top notch. They drop you off and then move the mothership down current so you drift back home. As mentioned the skiff is just a vhf call away. And if you are too tired for the afternoon shift you can fish from the mothership.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:53 PM   #12
lbsurf2ca

One of the trips hooked into some serious bluefin last year. Be prepared just in case
Old 06-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #13
FoodGeekFish

https://youtu.be/KIcPmyS0Ms0?t=267
FoodGeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote