Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
scooter
Junior

New kayak fisherman

Just bought my first kayak and need suggestions on rod and reel. First one so "all around" as much as possible, say trolling out and then dropping a line for bass or halibut. Could be iron or bait, if that's possible.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Rob929

You can use the search feature on the forum to find answers to this question in numerous threads. It really depends on your budget, your preferences etc.

I really like the Daiwa Sealine as an all around reel, paired with any number of rods from a budget big5 rod to the higher end Calstar's/ Seeker's etc.

You will got a lot of varied responses here. One thing I can highly recommend is to talk to John (Fishaholic) and check out his gear for sale- top quality stuff in great condition:
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=7377

Great way to get some gear at excellent prices, and some great advice..
Rob929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
miguelitro
Team Bad Habits

^buy used and save $.
I am a big fan of the penn 500 as they can be found for dirt cheap and are easy to fix
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob929 View Post
You can use the search feature on the forum to find answers to this question in numerous threads. It really depends on your budget, your preferences etc.

I really like the Daiwa Sealine as an all around reel, paired with any number of rods from a budget big5 rod to the higher end Calstar's/ Seeker's etc.

You will got a lot of varied responses here. One thing I can highly recommend is to talk to John (Fishaholic) and check out his gear for sale- top quality stuff in great condition:
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=7377

Great way to get some gear at excellent prices, and some great advice..

I buy most of my reels from John....good prices and the equipment is in great condition. His brother Dave sells reels too.

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote