Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
easyday

FINALLY THE LEGAL BUTT.....

So I was at work today and looking out the windows saw what a beautiful day it was, and couldn't stand to be inside one second longer. So I got the ok to leave work to go take care of some stuff. Once I was done it was around 12. I ran home grabbed the yak and headed for dana point. I launched at baby beach around 130 got some dines and began my search not even a bite, so I headed in gave some guys I heard complaining they didnt have good bait fishing from the jetty, so I gave them the rest of my dines but 2. I hooked one up dropped it fown and began my paddle to baby beach. I get snagged up in some old fishing line. I spent probably 20 minutes pulling probably a good 150 feet of line off the bottom but hey I got a free weight out of it. I hook on the last dine and give it a little rub for good luck. As soon as it hit the bottom I go bendo. Get ot to the surface it looks legal but I cant tell and no gaff.. so I grab my net and attempt to net it it takes 3 more runs and I finally get it in the net amd its going bonkers....it calms down just long enough to get the game clip in and I give it a measure and boom 23 inches yesss. Yea its a small one but its my small one and its a keeper finally. So I took out all my aggression on all the mishaps ive had this season on its head with my beating stick and was laughing the whole time. Some bystanders probably think im nuts but oh well I finally broke my halibut skunk. Thanks to all who have given me tips and set up advice. I couldn't have done it without you. And a big shout out to Jim.