Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Lowrance X-4

HELP! I am so frustrated with this device! The fine young men at OEX have been absolute dolls, but we can't figure out what is happening with this thing. They even went so far as to give me another unit.

CJ moved the transducer to the hull at the bow of my kayak. He has removed it once and refastened it because he thought there may be air bubbles. CJ, chime in when you see this as I try to explain what it's doing.

So the depth numbers flash at some inaccurate depth. It shows no bottom at all. It also has either a solid black screen, or it has vertical thick black lines across the screen. The water temp is not accurate either. I am told the depth setting should be set to manual with a preset depth reading. I have done that. There are times when it works part of the day, and times like yesterday, where it did not work at all.

What do you guys think? Is this a transducer problem? Does anyone have one of these? What is your experience? I didn't think about it at the time, but I should have taken pics of the screen and what it is doing.

Janine