Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
MrM

Charter Boats

Any feedback/suggestions on charters out of LB/NP? I haven't done a charter in over 5 years, and a few non-fishing buddies of mine asked me to set something up for us.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
boxturtle

i like pierpoint landing but think any of the long beach landing is good....newport i usually stay away not because of the captains but just because they usually head out to where the long beach guys fish so you lose alot of fishing time...but their price is cheaper tho
boxturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Hunters Pa

How many people? I have been out with mako Matt in Huntington Harbor & been happy with it, but I think he has a 4-pack & a 6-pack
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
MrM

4 people, myself included.

And thank you! I might take up Mako Matt. The boat size will be perfect for my group....

Last edited by MrM; 08-10-2012 at 02:53 PM.
MrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
LexLutheran
Lurker

Mako Matt's dad goes to my church. My good friend goes out with him frequently. He is always bringing back pics of his WSB, Lings, yellows, halibut, etc... I hear he is a hardcore fisherman, good service. I have not gone out with him yet. If you are looking to do a cattle boat I would stay away from Davey's Locker or Newport Landing. If you want to go for bass I don;t think you can beat the Enterprise out of Long Beach Marina Sportfishing. They are right near you too, just past Seal Beach. I am going to be going on the Enterprise again soon.
LexLutheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Dana Wharf aboard the Mission Belle had limits of Dorado yesterday for a 3/4 day trip.
#DropLuresNotBait
FishRaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

socal and victory out of pier point, enterprise out of LB marina, The last few trips I have taken on the city of LB out of LB Marina have been pretty disappointing.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
jake42frsocal

22nd street

22nd stret Landing is the best because of there location and on Wednesday is captains special.
jake42frsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
T Bone

Bongos if you you can afford it.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArvil View Post
Dana Wharf aboard the Mission Belle had limits of Dorado yesterday for a 3/4 day trip.

Mission Belle is outta Point Loma....i wish we had limit style dorado fishing in Dana....i woulda came home with a lot more then a sunburn and a buzz on today.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLutheran View Post
Mako Matt's dad goes to my church. My good friend goes out with him frequently. He is always bringing back pics of his WSB, Lings, yellows, halibut, etc... I hear he is a hardcore fisherman, good service. I have not gone out with him yet. If you are looking to do a cattle boat I would stay away from Davey's Locker or Newport Landing. If you want to go for bass I don;t think you can beat the Enterprise out of Long Beach Marina Sportfishing. They are right near you too, just past Seal Beach. I am going to be going on the Enterprise again soon.

He's a good guy with a tackle shop at Edwards & Edinger. He fishes hard & knows his stuff. I try to get all my tackle from him to support teh independent retailer
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote