Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
I have put in calls and e-mails to KUSI, KFMB, KGTV, and KNSD and have not heard anything back. Maybe if more than just me contact these media stations it will show them that we are serious. I went to BloodyDecks to see what type of support they are getting and quite honestly could not find a thread promoting anything for the first of January. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. What I'm wondering is if we should plan this for a day when it's not in direct competition with New Years Eve. I'm sure we would get more people to show up if this were not in direct competition with the New Year celebrations.

Is there anyway we can get a true count of who really will be there?
I'm not sure we should start a list, now. I agree the competition for all the New Year festivities is pretty great.
I've also sent emails out to some news stations without any response, yet.
With the appeal on Dec 15th, the closure looks like it may be delayed for some months, is that correct, Paul?
Thanks to the many that have indicated they would show up on Jan 1st, but it does appear this may be bad timing with all that entails the Eve and Day celebrations. A showing of 25 kayakers, and who knows how many private boaters, isn't going to gather much attention. A showing like a Matt Moyer Tournament of a 150 or more kayakers, plus the mulititude of PBers on that summer weekend, all carrying signs against the MLPA, while fishing, with media exposure, might get noticed.
Let's postpone this to a later date. Someone indicated this appeal might delay the closure until late into 2012, which means a massive protest, i.e. signs and large group, might be a better choice.
Sorry for those that were wound up to do this thing now. Keep that mojo going, we still may need it.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
With the appeal on Dec 15th, the closure looks like it may be delayed for some months, is that correct, Paul?
I'm sad to say that no, the recent Coastside / PSO appeal will not delay the south coast closures. Without getting too deep into the weeds, some of the south coast issues weren't "ripe" for a lawsuit because the state law hadn't gone into effect.

If the original lawsuit had been successful, a delay would have been likely. Now we have to wait for the appeals court. The PSO said they hope they'll get a favorable decision by late 2012. Any changes that follow should also apply to the south coast closures.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Aaron&Julie

Boo! Sorry for getting anybody's hopes high for fishing the areas that will be closed next week. I'll still root and hope that appeal can result in something positive for us, down here.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Willy

Soooo...
Are we going to 'occupy' the ocean or is it fizzling?
I'm a bit confused.

More than willing,
Willy
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Soooo...
I'm a bit confused.

More than willing,
Willy
I don't think it's fizzling, I think we are/need to get all of our ducks in a row first...If this "occupy" deal is going to do any good at all we need numbers...big numbers...it will happen
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
JohnnyCope
The Four-Finger discount

There is going to be a Wall Street occupy force at the Rose Parade starting Jan.1 . Maybe the media would rather see Riot Police kicking in faces and not us with are Plastic Navy.
JohnnyCope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Soooo...
I'm a bit confused.

More than willing,
Willy
Sad to say, fizzling. Not enough people to make a point, no response from the media, to Jimmyz123, or myself.
Show up, if you'd like, but New Year's weekend wasn't a good choice, afterall, and not enough bodies to make an impact.