Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #21
rpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
this place is better to launch imo if your Fishing outside the harbor!
rpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #22
StinkyMatt

To me the coast guard station is a no brainier. Super secure off street parking, free, wash down a walkway to the water.....12.5 kayak makes the turn on that corner no problem. Easy in and out without any regard to the tides(unlike the little landing on the other side). As close to the harbor mouth as any other landing.

Google the coast guard/sheriff station on the ater and it will show you exact location.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #23
Amish Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPelican View Post
Also they recently installed an additional set of hand rails between the top landing of the walk and the restrooms. Kayaks longer than 11' will have trouble making the turn. There's also a curb between the top landing and the sand. I guess you could lift your stuff over the curb and make the pull through the sand from here if you cant make the turn. It would save you from pulling the distance from the pipe gates to the wash rack.
Dang, mine is 14'. Used to just make the turn. Good thing I have good wheels now. Thanks for the update.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #24
CheapPelican

Stinkymatt could be right about fitting a longer boat through the turn. A Scrambler was a tight fit but it might have just been us making it difficult
Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 AM   #25
johnnyblaze2009

The turn wasn't that bad going down to the water, for my stealth 12 or my dad's PA but coming up we had to adjust the back to make it easier-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnnyblaze2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:48 AM   #26
Hawkman
Hawkman

Try the main channel just inside the harbor entrance. No need to meter, just look for the surface breaking by hundreds of smelt. Nice patch of eel grass /sand right there as well. Good luck
Hawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #27
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I've been using m Street for 3 years and never had a problem. With parking, security of my vehicle, putting my yak in the water or rinsing off my things using the shower by the side walk. I have launched from the coastguard a dozen times and ran into problem every time. Either my yak not fitting in hair pin turns, or pulling through super soft sand. Plus it's further from where I'm ultimately trying to go anyways. Doesn't matter to me where anyone puts their yak in at its all personal preference. Allot of guys like that there are actual parking spots and a hose at the cgs. I launch so early there is always parking on m Street and I bring a bucket to rinse my things

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote