Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #21
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Yea make sure it isn't painted with Flex Seal

Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #22
johnnyblaze2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
I agree with the above and save for what you want. I had been wanting to get into this sport for almost 2 years. I knew what I wanted and didn't want to settle. It took for what seemed like forever, (every little bit of two years), but I was finally able to get what I wanted. Pricey, but well worth the wait. In the mean time, I float tubed, took cattle boats, hit the shore, etc. to get my fix. I put a picture of my dream kayak above my computer monitors in my cube to motivate me. Got the same one, brand new, even same color.

I couldn't agree more- I've been on this forum since 2009, reading and watching you guys catching bigger yellowtails, White Sea bass and halibut's than I've seen on most all of the boats I've been on. I wanted an x-factor when I seen a coworkers in San Diego but fell in love with the Stealth 12, just never had the money. Until last year I met up with Brett from Kayak Obsessions and got my first kayak, my stealth 12. Until I made that purchase I was pier fishing, surf fishing at Bolsa Chica, and jumping on the El Dorado as much as I could afford. Good luck in your kayak search...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnnyblaze2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #23
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I say if it's water tight, get it. You will probably find it to be slow, and track like a bathtub. You will most definitely want to upgrade in the near future, but in the meantime you can fish the lakes and bays and get your beak wet. Put it up on Craigslist for 300 and fish off of it while saving your money for what you want. You will for sure at a minimum get your money back out of the deal. Especially a few months from now when the water starts to warm up. 1 suggesting is to not load up on every piece of fishing gear you own until you learn your kayaks specific limitations. At least until you get used to paddling around. The last think you want to do is roll your kayak with all your gear.

And for the record, i was so anxious to gget on the water when i first decided i wanted to do this, i went and bought a seyvlor inflatable kayak and fished it in the harbor becausei couldn't afford anything else. I must have been a sight.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21

Last edited by William Novotny; 02-07-2014 at 03:30 PM.
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #24
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

http://orangecounty.en.craigslist.or...286308629.html

I'd get this beforei ever bought another cobra. This kayak is short so it will not be fast. But I know from personal experience that they are super stable and have good weight capacity.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #25
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
http://orangecounty.en.craigslist.or...286308629.html

I'd get this beforei ever bought another cobra. This kayak is short so it will not be fast. But I know from personal experience that they are super stable and have good weight capacity.
...love my mini x
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #26
otterpupster

Send a message via MSN to otterpupster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Hi, Im looking for a fishing kayak been on the forums for a while and finally have space to store one ...however i dont make much money am looking for something around 2-300 bucks something a bit bigger than a scrambler if possible.

i dont know if anything on here goes for that price but am looking for something to start fishing the lakes and also take out to newport bay.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any good deals for a starting kayaker!

Btw i am in the riverside area.

Oex has a clearance on their Blems at their Dist. warehouse in city of Paramount.Get Qex E-mail info on their next sale.Also equipt willB on sale ie paddles,seats & hatches.Usually on Sat.Bware lines show up once word get around.
otterpupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #27
Fish

thanks again for all the advice guys ....i ended up buying that 200 dollar kayak....it wasnt bad spent the morning cleaning it and putting my gear in and what not ...ill throw some pictures up hopefully tomorrow.

ill be saving up to get something really nice ...once i get that nice kayak will be awesome to have that spare one and have a buddy come along.

super excited tomorrow going to be testing it out at Lake Perris..well see how that goes

If all goes well you guys will see me in newport soon!

Tight Lines!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #28
Fish

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Ok so just got back from my first yak fishing experience , I had a blast paddledfor 7 hours and im not even feeling it (probably tomorrow lol)

Heres some pictures ...Before Perris , during and after hehe.....got skunked today ....fish werent shallow and I havent purchased a battery for my sonar yet so I was a bit blind ....one guy did tell me he caught a 10.2 hog trolling.

Anyways was mostly out trying the yak, worked out great for me ...ofcourse want something bigger nicer in the future but this will be my project for now , i have alot of plans for it ...repaint(properly), sonar... ect ect

side note.....also learned that my ass does not like being wet ....waders please .....also cant wait to take it out to newport ...now THATS going to be exciting...havent fished there in years!

Last edited by Fish; 02-10-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #29
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

[/QUOTE]..also cant wait to take it out to newport ...now THATS going to be exciting...havent fished there in years![/QUOTE]

not as exciting as you would think lately......

Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #30
Fish

..also cant wait to take it out to newport ...now THATS going to be exciting...havent fished there in years![/QUOTE]

not as exciting as you would think lately......[/QUOTE]

Oh really ? where else can i go ...people ever do Los Alamitos....what else is close ?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #31
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

It floats, and was $200. That's a come up in my book!!
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #32
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
It floats, and was $200. That's a come up in my book!!
Yep it's doing the job just fine for now
Old 02-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #33
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
..also cant wait to take it out to newport ...now THATS going to be exciting...havent fished there in years!
not as exciting as you would think lately......[/QUOTE]

Oh really ? where else can i go ...people ever do Los Alamitos....what else is close ?[/QUOTE]

Newport had just been rough lately. It's a good place to get your fix if it's closer to you. When you decide to come out, hot me up

Old 02-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #34
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
not as exciting as you would think lately......
Oh really ? where else can i go ...people ever do Los Alamitos....what else is close ?[/QUOTE]

Newport had just been rough lately. It's a good place to get your fix if it's closer to you. When you decide to come out, hot me up[/QUOTE]

Dang, well hopefully it picks up soon been wanting go for some time now , I'll def let you know when I get a chance to go!