Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

vape on the water?

Kind of a dumb question and a topic I have not seen come up on this board before. Does anyone vape out on the water? I struggle with trying to quit smoking and vaping has helped with that but I always end up back to smoking when I fish. Especially if beers are involved. I've spent a lot of money on a nice custom mod and I'm a bit worried about having it out on the water. Have any of you had any issues? I use a drip atomizer and it seems like a huge hassle to deal with while fishing on a piece of plastic.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

Not sure what my friend uses, but he has the medical card and a crazy vaporizer. I took him out and while we were out just relaxing he broke it out and started using it with no issues. His biggest concern was storing it until we got out and he only pulled it out to use it then put it right back. Again, I don't know anything about it other than I took a friend out and he started using one.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
octico

For what its worth.

I quit smoking using vape, and still use it from time to time (when drinking). You should just get a cheap one for taking out on the water. I would imagine a little saltwater (ocean spray) will wreak havoc on the connection between the tank and battery.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Dannowar

I've brought it out a couple times but unless I'm in the way out/in, my hands are usually tied up working the surface or tying up rigs
Old 04-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
FISH11

When does Kayak fishing not involve Beer, unless someone just doesn't like Beer? I can't help you Will, I stopped smoking cigarettes like 30+ years ago. I don't have a medical card, but if California legalizes (you know) I might have to take that up again.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #6
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Yeah once you start doing sub ohm rba coil attys, those cheap ones just don't do it for you any more. I guess I can put it in a zip lock and store it in my pfd.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
sub ohm rba coil attys

sounds like some good sheet!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
Raskal311

Quote:
Kind of a dumb question and a topic I have not seen come up on this board before. Does anyone vape out on the water? I struggle with trying to quit smoking and vaping has helped with that but I always end up back to smoking when I fish. Especially if beers are involved. I've spent a lot of money on a nice custom mod and I'm a bit worried about having it out on the water. Have any of you had any issues? I use a drip atomizer and it seems like a huge hassle to deal with while fishing on a piece of plastic.
get a cheap one for OTW? I got a few bottles of juice that I got from my brothers shop before he closed down a few months ago. If we ever get a chance to fish remind me and i'll bring it with me.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
NEEFFF

use a long medicine Tube and store it in your PFD. I tried vaping to quit ciggs, But it didn't work to well. haha What did help me quit was the Maryjane !!
& now i'm finally off Both. Gluck Will!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #10
Drake

I've never been a big smoker, mostly when I fish or drink. Lately I've brought a no-nicotine ecig with me because I found it's not the need for nicotine, since I'm not really a smoker anymore. It's just the need to break up the boredom when dropper loop fishing and stuff. I only ever smoked when deployed because there was not much else to do underway 5 months at a time.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
PE.rider

Quit smoking cigarettes years ago. I do have a penchant for lighting a cigar or two on the yak... Don't see why you couldn' t vape while floating on the brine...
PE.rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Yup
IMG_1963.jpg

Quote:
I've spent a lot of money on a nice custom mod and I'm a bit worried about having it out on the water.
What do you got?

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #13
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Yup
Attachment 12048

What do you got?
I've got a chi you mod and nemesis atomizer with a smokey mountain drip tip and Sony battery. Running dual 26 gage kanthal 10 wrap micro coils on natural cotton bedding. Currently vaping on cosmic fog's milk and honey e-juice.... That was a mouthful

Old 04-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEFFF View Post
use a long medicine Tube and store it in your PFD. I tried vaping to quit ciggs, But it didn't work to well. haha What did help me quit was the Maryjane !!
& now i'm finally off Both. Gluck Will!
That's a good idea. Maybe even a large cigar tube

Old 04-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
I've got a chi you mod and nemesis atomizer with a smokey mountain drip tip and Sony battery. Running dual 26 gage kanthal 10 wrap micro coils on natural cotton bedding. Currently vaping on cosmic fog's milk and honey e-juice.... That was a mouthful
I quit smoking cigs a few years ago by using cope pouches, snus pouches, and regular cope along with a few cigars here and there. Pouches are great on the water because of no spitting, no crap in your teeth, and you can just take it out and eat lunch or drink a beer. I do smoke a cigar on the yak as well once in a while but the pouches keep me pretty satisfied.

I'm trying to quit the cigars now and just bought my first disposable ecig two days ago. After reading what you use, I think I'm better off not getting into the ecigs and just sticking with the cigars
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #16
ericko

William Novotny what the F#@K you just say....
does that mean turbo,expresso????
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #17
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
I quit smoking cigs a few years ago by using cope pouches, snus pouches, and regular cope along with a few cigars here and there. Pouches are great on the water because of no spitting, no crap in your teeth, and you can just take it out and eat lunch or drink a beer. I do smoke a cigar on the yak as well once in a while but the pouches keep me pretty satisfied.

I'm trying to quit the cigars now and just bought my first disposable ecig two days ago. After reading what you use, I think I'm better off not getting into the ecigs and just sticking with the cigars
Here is the thing with ecigs.... rarely will the cheap cartomizer vape pens produce enough of a satisfying hit to make you not want to smoke. So you start with one, then you hit a buddys that is stronger and you want that so you upgrade. Once you start getting into it you do more and more upgrading (this sounding familiar to anyone?). Once you get into mods and rebuildable atomizer you start spending real money. My current setup ran me about $300. It's really more of a hobby.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #18
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

I just quit smoking after 20 years straight. No vape no gum. All I need to do was break 3 ribs and have two of them puncture my lung. Which of course caused it to partially collapse. Quit smoking no problem!

I just cant get into the vape thing. To me they are worthless for anything other then wax. I will have a cigar now and then on the water. But I dont inhale
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #19
Mongo Johnson

Sorry. This is way off topic but I just couldn't resist after seeing "vape on the water." Not that any of you are old enough to remember this . . .
Old 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #20
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo Johnson View Post
Sorry. This is way off topic but I just couldn't resist after seeing "vape on the water." Not that any of you are old enough to remember this . . .
It was a nod to deep purple when I wrote the subject