Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
Johnny Bluefish
Junior

Monday Yard Sell

Well I'll start at the beginning. Meet Patrick at the launch at 0630 half hour late got ready realized I left my tackle tray at home. Launched anyway not bad a little ruff made bait easy on to fishing. About two hours in lost peddle drive pulled it out some 40# test for temp repair. Yellows showed up dropped yo yo down second drop on the way up yellow on seal thought it was a easy meal 15 minutes later he finally broke me off, not without showing off my fish as he eat. Decided to call it a day headed in got to about where the sail boat was anchored when my rudder control cable broke turning left into a swell happen fast over I went next thing I knew I heard my auto inflate going off up to the surface I came under my yak cleared my yak turned it right side up got back on it before I got organized next swell rolled me again lost my VHF on that on as I had just unzipped the pocket I keep it in. Got my yak right side up this time I was starting to cramp up pulled out a pen flair gun I have one miss fired three up good Lifeguards to the rescue got back on top as they got to me stripped off my waders got towed in. I don't always wear my PFD but with the swell I did. DONT GET CAUGHT DEAD WITHOUT IT. I will always wear mine I don't want to be at the bottom with my gear, wife and daughter agree. Well hope my lesson helps you to be safe. Will be back out after I can make the money for repairs and replacement gear. STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS
Johnny Bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote