Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Dana Pt, 1-25-11

Launched about 7am from Baby Beach. It was cold this morning with a stiff offshore. Stopped at the end of the long Jetty for a while and hid from the wind. No bites there so I finally decided to just deal with the wind. Found a section of the pipe in about 50' and the first 3 casts got me broke off by a grump and then 2 legal sandies. Picked another soon there after.

Then the Hobie fleet showed up and they worked their way out to deeper water. VikingJ was among them (nice to meet you Wayne). I slowly did the same. Kept up a very slow pick out to about 65' then worked my way back to my starting spot. Picking up 5 more fish along the way. Somewhere along the way the wind went from offshore to onshore. At my starting spot I got the fish pictured below and got corn holed by a really grumpy fish. Sometimes fishing the 8lb has it's disadvantages.

Fished 4" Flurrys the whole time in a variety of colors. Baitball and fire avocado were bit the most. Used a bit of Hotsauce to make them tasty, and it really made a difference today too. I could tell when I needed to relube just by whether I was getting bit. The wind (both directions) made going a little heavier mandatory. Last time out I was using 1/2 and 3/4oz Hammer Heads, This time I was using 1oz and it took some time to get down. That's a lotta weight for a 4" bait.

Over all a pretty fun morning for the end of January.

The biggest one...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Hey ed thanks for the report! What's the secret to finding that pipe Iv'e searched for it and can never find it. When I look at my gps I'm right over the top of it but there's nothing down there. Iv'e searched shallow deep....what should I be looking for or where?

Thanks
Tony.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Amish Ed

Right now it's pretty easy to find. Look for the lobster traps. I'm worried I won't be able to find it once the season's over. My one hope is lining up the north end of the church with the bend in the short jetty, 50'.

Last edited by Amish Ed; 01-25-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Amish Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
roby
CEO of Team Roby

He looks grumpy alright...thanks for the report.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote