Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Dana Pt, 2-7-11

Got a really late start and didn't get on the water until almost 8am. Nice paddle out though, not too cold. Wind was offshore (maybe 10 knots), water has warmed a bit too. Never saw any 56º and even saw 68.5º. Water was pretty clear, though later on a current break worked through and brought some pretty dirty water with it. Got on the Pipe right away, but between the uphill current and offshores I had a really hard time getting my bait on the structure. To top it off, the fish were not biting. It took about 45min until I got one in the yak. Then, got 4 more in about 1/2. Then it shut off again. Finally about right as I was thinking on heading in I got 2 more. All sand bass today, no shorts with the biggest being about 2.5-3lbs. All were caught on 4" Flurry's in a variety of colors, though browns did do best. Weirdest moment was when I hung up on the bottom, worked it loose and pulled up one of the feeder legs off a bug. Weird. Another side note, a couple bass spit up squid.

Anyways, had fun day on the water and maybe next week I'll start hitting Laguna before the MLPA kicks in.

One that didn't get away...
Old 02-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
MyFirstYak
Junior

Nice catch! Sounds like a good day to me.
MyFirstYak is offline   Reply With Quote