Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #13
warburto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post

But you are correct in that for what an AI costs you could pick up a very nice Catamaran if sailing was the only goal...
This is something I've been thinking about quite a bit. I used to sail a Hobie 16 with my old man and I keep coming back to the price. For the price of a used AI I could get a mint Hobie or other sailing cat. But when we sailed the cat, that was all we did, and I had to hang on for deal life because he liked to sail everywhere with one hull out of the water. Fishing off a sailing cat doesn't seem all that fun to me, and I would be very skeptical of one in rough seas.

The AI/TI seems like it would actually be a more stable platform (but not as dry) for fishing and travelling in mixed seas.

The big thing for me is that I want to do both. I want to sail AND fish at the same time. So far the AI seems to fit the bill pretty tightly. But the wifey is asking me why I don't just put the little inflatable sidekicks on my Revo and shut up already about the AI... She's no fun!
warburto is offline   Reply With Quote