Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
jorluivil

wow!!!

">

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
JeffB

Someone's been a lil busy catching sharks.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
TJones

they believe what?

the fins can be used for medicine? or soup? then what discard the carcass?
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
driftwood

The mlpa nor the DFG does not cares about that! The only thing they care and hate is kayakers fishing La Jolla.

BTW, The DFG has been hanging around the Launch in La Jolla alot latley.
Have your 2013 licence with you.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
danjor

That's completely wrong!
Things like that are the cause of the depletion of fish in our oceans, not recreational fisherman.
I wouldn't be surprised if the fins on that roof represent more killed sharks than all the California recreational fisherman combined take for a year.

I recently watched a documentary about why the tiger is endangered and it was really shocking, tigers are being mass murdered for the production of tiger bone wine which is illegal yet government run tiger "sanctuary's" which are intended to breed tigers for release to the wild are mass breeding them for the illegal mass production of this is wine which they believe is a miracle cure for everything...
The asian cultures which encourages over harvesting of practically everything is just wrong in my opinion.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
TJones

you said it.

TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
Ggiannig89

Well that was just sickening.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Redeyejedi

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv_8vx1fHLo[/youtube]

and with china's growing middle class (due to american's insatiable apetite for cheap chinese products...i e wallyworld etc) the problem will only get worse.
Redeyejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv_8vx1fHLo[/youtube]

and with china's growing middle class (due to american's insatiable apetite for cheap chinese products...i e wallyworld etc) the problem will only get worse.
Something needs to change we can't let them come over here and keep killing our ocean.
There addiction to hunting and killing thousands of whales for "research" is bad enough but when you really think about all the stuff there killing to the point of endangerment its beyond sickening.... And the DFG has the nerve to say were the cause of overfishing. They close our fishing areas yet there's still trawlers along our coast from overseas catching our fish.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

dont worry theres plenty of shark meat, livers, spleen and skins being processed in the factory below all those fins... tuna too.

and say theres 10,000 fins up there. divide that by 6 or 8. lets say 7, since most sharks have more than two fins right? ok so its 20,000 fins. still only 3,000-4,000 sharks. about the same taken in socal by recreation fishermen who do not use the fins, liver or skins. just want the meat and/or teeth.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
Redeyejedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
Something needs to change we can't let them come over here and keep killing our ocean.
There addiction to hunting and killing thousands of whales for "research" is bad enough but when you really think about all the stuff there killing to the point of endangerment its beyond sickening.... And the DFG has the nerve to say were the cause of overfishing. They close our fishing areas yet there's still trawlers along our coast from overseas catching our fish.
"we can't let them come over here and keep killing our ocean."

it already has brother

when you said "OUR" ocean...you were right.

not to bring in the new year with yuckiness, but look into what comercial fishing is doing to oceans.... longlining, sharkfinning, traulling, and all the other unstainable fishing practices that go on unchallenged.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
Redeyejedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
dont worry theres plenty of shark meat, livers, spleen and skins being processed in the factory below all those fins... tuna too.

and say theres 10,000 fins up there. divide that by 6 or 8. lets say 7, since most sharks have more than two fins right? ok so its 20,000 fins. still only 3,000-4,000 sharks. about the same taken in socal by recreation fishermen who do not use the fins, liver or skins. just want the meat and/or teeth.
and say you have something to back up the b.s.?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
and say you have something to back up the b.s.?
what b.s.?

there's an ugly stripper in every club and the fenatics always use them as the poster girls to give the place a bad rep.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #14
PapaDave

I use the fins for soup on the ones I catch, it turns out real good. Not sure what to do with the liver and don't know how to preserve the skin, which would be cool though. And yes, I keep the teeth, my grandson like them.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #15
Redeyejedi

Quote:
what b.s.?

there's an ugly stripper in every club and the fenatics always use them as the poster girls to give the place a bad rep.

was just saying they aren't processing anything "down there". they fin the sharks at sea and toss them back into the ocean still alive.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #16
Quilted Germ

Disgusting....The culture needs to change or this will continue on a large scale. The videos of dumping finless sharks back in the water are the worst...
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
Jimmyz123

Quote:

Have you seen the videos on how they gather the fins? Normally they catch the sharks, cut the fins of, and then dump the rest of the shark in the ocean. I have seen this a few times. If the entire shark was being used, I don't think there would be an issue, but that's not the case.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO7hvOtYnck

More education I feel is needed for most to understand what is going on here.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Last edited by Jimmyz123; 01-07-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #18
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
was just saying they aren't processing anything "down there". they fin the sharks at sea and toss them back into the ocean still alive.
trust me, they keep plenty of whole sharks.... yes in some fisheries they fin the shark and throw the rest back.

Honestly guys, almost all of your comments are misinformed and opinionated.

The DFG is not the problem... its the special interest extermist environmental groups...

Instead of getting pissed off and screaming on the internet why not do something productive instead?

Educate your frinds and family about local sustainable fisheries....?

NOthing will change unless we stop importing fish from contries that practice illegal fishing methods.

It all starts with the consumer....

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Have you seen the videos on how they gather the fins? Normally they catch the sharks, cut the fins of, and then dump the rest of the shark in the ocean. I have seen this a few times. If the entire shark was being used, I don't think there would be an issue, but that's not the case.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO7hvOtYnck
This does occur. But often times they do use the WHOLE shark.

Videos like these are made to serve one purpose. They aim to sway public opinion by highlighting atrocities. Mentioning that they also harvest whole sharks wouldn't have helped pass the legislation to make shark fins illegal....

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
GregAndrew

Showing only videos like these to the public is exactly how the "blue shirts" got their following. That is why 80% of their numbers at the MLPA meetings had no clue that they were arguing irrelevant points. Most of their numbers thought that most species off our coast were almost extinct. They were teaching the school kids that we were "blowing up" fish and destroying coral reefs in our local waters. Don't get the tunnel vision that goes along with mob mentality.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote