Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #21
kaya_one

Dang. You guys are pretty "fishy". Good to meet you all on Saturday.
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #22
lamb

Killing it!

Saturday you guys provided plenty o' motivation.
I was back fishing LJ, first time in months.
It didnt help I couldn't get anyone to go offshore.
Caught a couple of bones, they were fun.
Dogs were just a collosal pain.
At 8am, had enough and headed West.
Glad I did - crazy good fishing out there.
But you guys pulled it off right there - I bow down.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #23
TheBentRod

Nice Haul. Looks like you guys had a great time fishing.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #24
fishing md

good job ROBY!!!

fishing md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #25
jorluivil

I recall hearing Roby's casual cool calm and collective voice on the radio, 'I'm on'.

Meanwhile, EFEN Sammy the Sea Lion is having lunch on me

It felt like seconds when by before I hear Tony's loud ghetto ass laugh carry across 200 yards across the ocean as soon as he hooked up

Meanwhile, EFEN Sammy the Sea Lion is still having lunch on me

A few minutes go by and Mr Andrew comes on the radio and says he has joined the club and no, its wasn't the hair club for men

Fast forward about 1 millisecond and Roby comes on the radio, again, saying he's on, again

Meanwhile, yeah...............EFEN Sammy the Sea Lion

At least an hour goes by and I can't stop asking myself, 'when will this bite shut down'? I keep going and going and I'm finally on, as soon as I know the hook is set I start to real up my other line. Meanwhile, the hooked fish is running for his life and line is screaming off of my reel. By the time I get my other line up the fish has taken what seemed like 100yards of line. As soon as I gain on the fish and have my line vertical the fish wraps itself in the kelp, I give it one good pull and pop!

I was hoping that wasn't how my day would end and it didn't. I managed to get hooked up again a few minutes later and again shortly after Tony gave me one of his last macs.

Fortunately, all 4 of us went home with something including winning 3 of the 4 tournament categories and yes, my tiny 1.8lbs Bocaccio took the 'other' category......no one said had it had to be a monster, it only needed to weigh more than the 'other' fish. Anyway, I'll have to admit that I have never fished with a better group of guys (some not pictured). I think its not only our competitive nature or our willingness to share information that keeps us fishing together, its the fact that each one of us has the ability to put up with our individual bullshit and our tasteless jokes, its our thick skin that makes makes us ask, 'where are we fishing next week?'

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 09-09-2014 at 06:18 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #26
Deamon

Roby...never mind. Good job boys...
Attached Images

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #27
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing md View Post
good job ROBY!!!

Thanks!! Now that is an awesome avatar!! The next time we hook-up I need a new sticker. Tony will buy you lunch - he owes me.

Last edited by roby; 09-11-2014 at 08:12 PM.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #28
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post

Fortunately, all 4 of us went home with something including winning 3 of the 4 tournament categories and yes, my tiny 1.8lbs Bocaccio took the 'other' category......no one said had it had to be a monster, it only needed to weigh more than the 'other' fish. Anyway, I'll have to admit that I have never fished with a better group of guys (some not pictured). I think its not only our competitive nature or our willingness to share information that keeps us fishing together, its the fact that each one of us has the ability to put up with our individual bullshit and our tasteless jokes, its our thick skin that makes makes us ask, 'where are we fishing next week?'
AWWW....Let's make sure to do a big group hug next time at the launch. We'll even call StinkyMatt and he can join via text.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #29
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby View Post
Thanks!! Now that is a an awesome avatar!! The next time we hook-up I need a new sticker. Tony will buy you lunch - he owes me.
Tony = CHAMP!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #30
ericko

Well done sewer crew... I'll see you at the next get together.
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #31
svendawg

What happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
I had my personal limit before 9 am. Then took a 1 hour break to wait for Tony to limp his broken kayak back in to where i was. And another hour to limp back to the beach. We did leave the fish biting out there. Btw, socks and stocking foot waders go very well together.
Tony
What happened to your kayak that made you have to paddle in. I know you carry a repair kit so it must have been more serious or unusual.
Is it something we should be looking out for
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #32
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendawg View Post
Tony
What happened to your kayak that made you have to paddle in. I know you carry a repair kit so it must have been more serious or unusual.
Is it something we should be looking out for
Yeah Sven it was another broken rudder line...broke one in Gonzaga in june, Jorge broke one that Saturday, and I broke the other one sunday... I didn't have to paddle in, I just used my paddle to do my best to keep pointed in the right direction....for about 5 miles.

You should inspect your rudderlines every once in awhile, where the line comes in contact with the black plastic grommets under the rudder assembly cover. File down sharp edges/replace rudderlines when needed. Also always carry extra rudderline just incase.

Yeah mo' parts...mo problems...but I'll gladly live with it. I urge everybody to be prepared with tools and extra parts...you never know when it can save your ass or somebody elses ass.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #33
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Yeah Sven it was another broken rudder line...broke one in Gonzaga in june, Jorge broke one that Saturday, and I broke the other one sunday... I didn't have to paddle in, I just used my paddle to do my best to keep pointed in the right direction....for about 5 miles.

You should inspect your rudderlines every once in awhile, where the line comes in contact with the black plastic grommets under the rudder assembly cover. File down sharp edges/replace rudderlines when needed. Also always carry extra rudderline just incase.

Yeah mo' parts...mo problems...but I'll gladly live with it. I urge everybody to be prepared with tools and extra parts...you never know when it can save your ass or somebody elses ass.
Tony it sounds like someone is going to get a fully rebuild Hobie, with spare parts kit when the 2015's come out on Friday as you trade up. just think, no repairs for a year!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #34
svendawg

Inspection time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post

Thank for the info Tony. I guess I should check out my rudder lines and get a spare rudder line in my repair kit
Old 09-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #35
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Below are pics of Jorge fixing his rudder lines on Tournament Day while we were on the water.

Tony is coaching him through the process and of course videotaping the whole ordeal.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #36
LBKayakDude

Sweet pics 👍
LBKayakDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #37
svendawg

That bad ass

How were you able to fix it. Did you just tie the broken rudder line together with the tag end and use what excess that there was to re connect it.

An OTW fix is good to know. Even if you have a replacement rudder line with you it proberly impossibe to replace the rudder line OTW.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #38
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendawg View Post
How were you able to fix it. Did you just tie the broken rudder line together with the tag end and use what excess that there was to re connect it.

An OTW fix is good to know. Even if you have a replacement rudder line with you it proberly impossibe to replace the rudder line OTW.

Yeah sven, since jorges broke at the beginning of the day he opted to attempt to fix on the water. And yes you have to use the broken part of the rudderline to effect the repair. OTW fix is possible, you just have to know how to do it and have the assistance of a friend to get all the stuff off your kayak so you can work.