Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
surfnutnj

Voting and MLPA

Hey guys I just wanted to discuss who/what we should NOT vote for in order to help make sure we are not enabling MLPA supporters.

I have already begun my boycott of Stone brewery when I found out they along with Wal Mart are funding the cause. (I really like their beer so it's too bad)\

Anyone have any recommendations to help make sure everyone is properly educated at the polls?

This is not to spark a political debate, just in regard to MLPA only.
surfnutnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Sdspeed

Wow, I'm new to all this so that's a tough question. I bring it up to everyone who asks what I'm up to and especially to those I know are into sports and outdoors more than government over-reach.
Wal mart never had me as a customer but
Stone Brewery did, no more and that word will easliy get passed on.
Best I can think of at the moment is to do what you have suggested, educate and inform all who will listen.

Thanks for the update!
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Dirty Curti

Read for yourself and make an informed decision.

http://www.keepamericafishing.org/youdecide

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
surfnutnj

Safeway

Shop Safeway and support the MLPA...jeez

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=123555
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
surfnutnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Curti View Post
Read for yourself and make an informed decision.

http://www.keepamericafishing.org/youdecide
Thanks for the link...I get emails from them all the time.

The reason I started the thread was to help the BBV community members who do not have the time to read all this stuff on the net and to help spread the word.

I am not trying to sway any presidential votes here. However, there are propositions and lots of other factors involved. Not just Obama/Romney

Cheers
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
mtnbykr2

Ok back up on the soap box for just a second...I second the link above, but everyone on this board should be a member or join The United Anglers Association, as to keep informed on all the goings on, donate when possible, and keep up the good fight, as they are one of the big dogs helping us fight this corruption, several previous posts on this MLPA bs ...down off the soap box now.......peace out
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
surfnutnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
Ok back up on the soap box for just a second...I second the link above, but everyone on this board should be a member or join The United Anglers Association, as to keep informed on all the goings on, donate when possible, and keep up the good fight, as they are one of the big dogs helping us fight this corruption, several previous posts on this MLPA bs ...down off the soap box now.......peace out
Thanks for the tip..here is the link...This is why I started the thread..sorry if it is redundant for some. I just figured it's voting time so it would be good to discuss.

http://www.unitedanglers.com/page.php?21
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

you can start drinking stone brewery again. they recalled thier "support" and sent out a letter stating they blindly signed a roster and never gave any funds to support anything to do with the MLPA. that whole list was just a bunch of names they got to pony up a signature to get others to support the cause. most of them had no clue what it really was and most, if not all, never donated a cent.

although Stone did say they sent free beer to a convention that may have supported the MLPA but they send Free beer to any group that requests it
Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
Quilted Germ

I thought Stone made amends with regards to Surfrider Foundation and such. Was I mistaken or did I misinterpret the Stone letter that they sent out trying to ease things over.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
you can start drinking stone brewery again. they recalled thier "support" and sent out a letter stating they blindly signed a roster and never gave any funds to support anything to do with the MLPA. that whole list was just a bunch of names they got to pony up a signature to get others to support the cause. most of them had no clue what it really was and most, if not all, never donated a cent.

although Stone did say they sent free beer to a convention that may have supported the MLPA but they send Free beer to any group that requests it

stone brewery are liars,always will be.....they go with the tide!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
mtnbykr2

Ok,
So the next Yakfest we can call on them for free beer, and in small print, on the request forms, we state that, we are a group of anglers against the MLPA and when they supply the product, they will then be behind the fight, wait isn't that how the BTF gets their bs across...fight fire with fire...lol
Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnutnj View Post
Thanks for the tip..here is the link...This is why I started the thread..sorry if it is redundant for some. I just figured it's voting time so it would be good to discuss.

http://www.unitedanglers.com/page.php?21
No, this is a great thing, so as to keep the new members informed and hopefully get more people to join United Anglers, sorry if that sounded wrong...
Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
surfnutnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
No, this is a great thing, so as to keep the new members informed and hopefully get more people to join United Anglers, sorry if that sounded wrong...
No worries...Thanks everyone for all the great input.