Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #21
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swavings View Post
Hello All,

I was there and was able to pick up one the stone x factors... Still hvaent really found the blem yet.

I happened to take the x factor out yesterday and got limits on the bugs!!

I purchased the x factor after having a tarpon 160 and due to my size (6'5 and a slim 285) the X factor was a dream!!!
What a way to bless your X-Factor! I still havent pulled a legal bug yet.
#DropLuresNotBait
FishRaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #22
YakAttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArvil View Post
Yup, that was me. Waiting in the freezing cold with you crazy campers haha. Congrats on your buy.
Right hahaha. I was supposed to go home after the bar but got out of the bar too late and wasn't prepared with camping gears lol. Couldn't stand the cold outside so I left my chair in line and went to the car to get warm and fall asleep for 2 hrs . Luckily everybody was nice and didn't kick me off my spot LOL.
YakAttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
BigRed805
Junior

Hey fellas This is my first post Just looking to say hello to the community and that i'm looking forward to sharing my fishing adventures here in the future. I had been fishing from a buddies extra kayak a perception kingfish. For how cheap this kayak was I will say it rides pretty well and is very stable but being that i'm 6'3 300 pounds I wanted something with a higher weight capacity (the kingfish had a capacity of 325 lbs). So after weeks of scouring craiglist for a good deal on an x factor or stealth 14 I found the ad for the blem sale and decided to call in from work and run down the morning of. I arrived at 7:50 AM and of course I was at the back of the line but hey i made it! Unfortunately within 30 seconds or so of the gates opening all the coveted Stealths and x factors were gone before I even made it through the gates but I did manage to get my hands on X 13 before it was too late. I was a little worried I wouldn't like it because I was used to riding a wider kayak ( the kingfish definitely felt more stable side to side ) but after fishing it a couple times already I think i will be able to adjust pretty quickly. I'm still gonna keep my eyes open for a good deal on an X factor but i'm more than happy with what I got and plan to fish it like all hell. My buddy came with me and picked himself up a stealth 9 for a second kayak and he loves that little thing already... stand up sight fishing in the harbor on a 9 foot yak is sick!! Here's a couple pics of the first few trips.

X13 in Stone

Santa barbara harbor fun

Caught a couple pancakes first time out

My buddy got a legal first time on his new stealth 9
BigRed805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #24
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Sheesh, everyones breaking in their new yaks the proper way.

I wanted the X-13. Congrats on the come ups!
#DropLuresNotBait
FishRaiden is offline   Reply With Quote