Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
swank

Thanks Matt, just throwing some plastics for bass. Bites been pretty consistent on my buddies skiff but want to give the spot a try on the yak now (might need to pick up a drift chute if the wind keeps up). I'm just glad to hear I can launch at night with no problems lol, the free parking is the icing on the cake haha.

I might get around to hooping it sometime, but I haven't had any luck in the last two seasons (including this one) so I might just give it up for a while.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
bellcon

Use EXTREME caution while in the harbor at night
it can be a very dangerous place
Light yourself up big time
watch the traffic zones or stay out of them

Crossing the main channel in the dark to get to the middle wall
is not something I would be comfortable recommending
if you are set on doing it, try and find some partners, and sprint into it then sprint out of it
spend as little time in the shipping channel as possible
it's not just the big cargo ships you have to think about
Plenty of other traffic, some of it moving pretty fast

If your going for bass, you can launch on the surf side and work your way down the wall for plenty of fun. pick a small day, which is most days
also there is plenty of kelp to play in

Good luck and be safe
Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
swank

Thanks Bellcon,
Going with some buddies, boats should see us lit up from a couple miles away, I'm glad I got in on the Yak Attack group buy lol. Those huge cargo boats can be scarey, but the ones I always worry about are those tug boats (or w/e the ones with the tires hanging off the side are), they love to haul ass and leave a nasty wake.

Anyone have a surf report? I keep seeing high surf advisories, 6-8' swells and 15mph winds posted for this week but the webcams and weather sites are showing like 2-3mph winds (Noaa vs weather.com)