Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
KayakNinja
Junior

Comfortable, Water-Friendly Pants to Wear Kayaking?

Hi all,

I got burned very badly on my legs the other day during my first time I went kayak fishing, and was wondering if any of you could recommend some good pants.

I'd like them to pretty breathable and cool, as well as light. I'd also like to avoid those that would get all soggy and uncomfortable if they are wet. Waders or a wetsuit is a bit too much, as the cold is not an issue, just the sun!

Thanks!
KayakNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
taggermike

For summer fishing I used to wear a pair of surgical scrubs I picked up in a second hand store. They were cheap, light wieght, kept the sun off, dried fast, and were oh so fashonable. OK skip that last part. They did work pretty well though. I lived on the Outer Banks of North Carolina a few summers ago and they work great there for the sun as well as the damn sketters and biting flys. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

alpine desgin pants.
got 2 pair at sportmart for like $40.00. They dry fast and the legs zip off to become shorts.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/alpin...-hiking-pants/

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Amish Ed

Just about anything non-cotton should work. I use either a lightweight pair of nylon workout pants or a different set of workout pants that are almost mesh. Both sets keep the sun off and I wear them year round.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
twitchy

Go to Big 5 or REI and look for pants that are made out of the following fabrics.... It is the same fabric that board shorts are made of.
Baja Suede >>
Microfiber >>
Dyna Suede>>
I got a pair of long pants from Old Navy the one time on clearance that would work insane.>>
Good luck.
twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote