Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #21
Pagzzz
Junior

Nicely done! I've got a 14' Coastal Cruiser SUP from Riviera that I take around Mission Bay fishing. One thing to cruise around casting light tackle for bay bass in the flat waters of the bay vs. cruising the kelp looking for yellows.

I'll have to give it a go one day, but probably not until the waters cool a bit and become a little less "sharky" with all the hammerheads around.
Pagzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #22
Gar
Junior

SUP Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagzzz View Post
Nicely done! I've got a 14' Coastal Cruiser SUP from Riviera that I take around Mission Bay fishing. One thing to cruise around casting light tackle for bay bass in the flat waters of the bay vs. cruising the kelp looking for yellows.

I'll have to give it a go one day, but probably not until the waters cool a bit and become a little less "sharky" with all the hammerheads around.
Awesome, another SUP guy! Still haven't fished in the bay yet... looking forward to grabbing a few spotties when I do.

I've been surfing and free diving for many many years, hence the comfort level on a SUP way out there. Just know your limits, gear and how to be safe and choose the right conditions/timing for a paddle and all should be good. My one rule of thumb is to stay within a distance to shore I feel comfortable swimming back to.
Gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #23
eDUBz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar View Post
It's a bru sup touring style. I got it from that SUP shop up in Oceanside next to the harbor.
Right on. I have 4 sups right now and was thinking of fishing off of one but just been too lazy. Maybe I'll get out sometime soon down here in VC.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #24
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Nice going Gar!

Way to slay the yellows!!

Could hear the concern in your voice when the HH got close then disappeared for a moment...I would of sounded the same!

Anyways, when I see you down that way, I'll come by and sat hi.

Great work on the 'tails!

Geno

Geno Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #25
Gar
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno Machino View Post
Nice going Gar!

Way to slay the yellows!!

Could hear the concern in your voice when the HH got close then disappeared for a moment...I would of sounded the same!

Anyways, when I see you down that way, I'll come by and sat hi.

Great work on the 'tails!

Geno

Thanks man! Yeah I'm not going to lie, it felt a bit sketchy for a second there. There wasn't another soul anywhere near me which definitely added to the sketchiness. All's good and it was a cool experience in the end.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #26
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Congrats on the yellows!
I'm amazed that board can stay afloat with your massive steel huevos.

But I suppose the only difference between "crazy" and "eccentric" is success.

Welcome to the party!
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #27
ashmoz

Glad all worked out. I was the dude that came by you when you fell in... then you got the yellow.
ashmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #28
stoned-trout

awesome..i wonder how fast a hammerhead would tow ya ...I have done sharks and tarpon in my yak but never a board..you got stones bro....see ya out there...blue velocity 13ft kayak...
stoned-trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:07 AM   #29
Gar
Junior

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmoz View Post
Glad all worked out. I was the dude that came by you when you fell in... then you got the yellow.
I was hoping you'd be on this forum! I mean it man, thanks for coming over to check in. It's good to know there are people looking out for each other. I was little rattled but the big 'ol YT made me forget it all real quick like. See you on the water bud.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:08 AM   #30
Gar
Junior

HH Tow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned-trout View Post
awesome..i wonder how fast a hammerhead would tow ya ...I have done sharks and tarpon in my yak but never a board..you got stones bro....see ya out there...blue velocity 13ft kayak...
I'd like to find out! It would be a real fun ride either way.