Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
tacklebox
I got gas!

Heads up on a new fish scent!

Stopped by hogans bait n tackle before I hit the harbor today and saw some new scents for the plastics. Its a new product called ghost shrimp butter. Similar to uni butter. They are giving out free samples if you give them some feedback (needs to be thicker, thinner, smellier etc...)
I tried it out today and didnt get any fish but felt a few taps. I got live ghost shrimp also and the fish werent biting it.
Just thought I would give you guys a heads up. Go by hogans and pick some up!
I think it could be a little thicker but it works pretty good. Stayed on the lure for a good 10-15 casts.

IMAG1026.jpg
Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
driftwood

Are you trying to hook up 60lb white SeaBass or Yellowtail with that?
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Thanks for the intel on the free hook up. Im sure there are a lot of guys on here that will pick some up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Are you trying to hook up 60lb white SeaBass or Yellowtail with that?

I'm not a bass guy, but I think scents and unibutter are used to target Paralabrax clathratus, Paralabrax nebulifer, and Paralabrax maculatofasciatus? I've heard that swim baits can be used to catch all sorts of critters including Sebastes, Scorpaenidae, Paralichthys californicus, Thunnus alalunga, Thunnus thynnus and Ophiodon elongatus. Adding a little "butter" to your plastic is sometimes helpful? In fact, I was once told a story about a Seriolla lalandi, and maybe a baby Atractoscion nobilis, caught on a swim bait??

Last edited by dos ballenas; 04-11-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: add more species ;)
dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
spottie slayer

fishings really starting to pic up in that harbor. some areas are starting to bite really well. i was there yesterday and landed over 5 fish in less than 45 min. all calicos.
spottie slayer is offline   Reply With Quote