Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 03-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
Fish Taco

Question Is Baytubers Tournament still on for Saturday since Fuel Spill in L.A. Harbor?

Just trying to be proactive here... I mentioned this in the "BAYTUBERS MBF 3/19/16 CABRILLO BEACH" thread on Baytubers but haven't heard if it is still "on" or not due to the recent fuel spill in L.A. Harbor. Thought I'd post here as well.

Can any of the organizers speak to this? The News made it look like a pretty bad spill... just curious since we're only 4 days away!

Thanks in advance for your response.

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
theluckypig

one of the guys (pino) fished cabrillo today and said he saw no sign of the spill... the tournament is on!!!
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:43 AM   #3
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckypig View Post
one of the guys (pino) fished cabrillo today and said he saw no sign of the spill... the tournament is on!!!
A little diesel in the harbor would probably improve the water quality. I fished it once with a brand new spool of white Power Pro and it finished the day brown. Or as Ful Rac says, camouflaged. If Team Sewer got there start in LJ, they would be named Team Clearwater. Great halibut fishery though!
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote