Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
kurt

Tourney YT

Randy with his YT he caught on the sabiki while trying to make bait. :lol: Just kidding. All YT are good ones. Especially when pulled from the kelp.

And one of the many nice calicos I caught instead of YT/halibut/WSB.

Another great day on the water, but a little windy. I won a whistle in the tourney raffle. Expect to hear it a lot. 7 long blasts, followed by 14 shorts, means I've spotted fish. 7 long blasts, followed by 15 shorts, means no fish.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Jim Sammons LJKF

I stopped by the weigh in after the event, not of lot of fish weighed, but those that were sure were nice. Great WSB and I would be more than happy with any of those halibut, Paul's was a toad. Looked like another great event guys, great to see everyone there this afternoon.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
Bassact

Thanks to Cory, Andy and everyone else that helped. Janette and I had a great time. Catching the biggest fish of my life and taking 2nd place was awesome. (Thanks Martin for the assistance.) Congrats to Chris for his winning White Sea Bass. What a great fish that was.

In the raffle I think I won a weeks worth of t-shirts and hats.

Thanks again,
Paul & Janette
Bassact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thanks Paul, and Janette, congrats to you, and all the top 5, I am truly stoked, and lucky! Thanks again Corey and Andy!

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:49 AM   #5
Margarita Mike

Tourney

Just want to Give a GREAT BIG THANKS to Cory, Andy and all, for the hard work they put in. I had a blast.

Chris, Nice fish, what else can be said. And Paul, Thanks for shareing your 2nd place Halibut with me, it was great on the BBQ and I hope you catch many more.
It was great seeing so many nice fish being weighed in, Good job to All.

Thanks again,

Margarita Mike
Margarita Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #6
Ling King

BWE Tourney

Thanks to Paul and Janette for an awesome event. It's so great to see so many different species of quality big game in one tourney. Congratulations Chris (Holy Mackeral) and his beautiful fish. All before 9:00 am. I must say, one of the main reasons he won was all "karma". We met a couple of times at different events and through the grapevine he heard I was driving from Malibu and offered his home to spend the night. Leaving my place at 3:30, I arrived at his place by 9:00ish. Too much 405 friday traffic. When I got there we hung out for a while and then went to sleep til the morning. Thanks again. So next time there is a tourney...open your doors to fellow kayakers from the north and fish will jump into your kayak.

Thanks, Ling King (aka Richard Perdomo)
Team Wilderness Systems
Ling King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
DESTROYER

I wish I could of fished it.....I was just glad to stop by for awhile. Those were some nice fish that were caught. Welcome to the big fish club Paul, too bad your not entered into the WCW, you would have passed a lot of people up with that two pointer, congrats.

TL-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:16 AM   #8
Hook 1

Quote:
Thanks to Paul and Janette for an awesome event.
Hey Ling King the tournament was put on by Croy and Andrew :shock: and a top notch job at that. It was great seeing everyone there.

Mark
Hook Nuts
Hook 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:00 PM   #9
Ling King

Sorry, ops: I got the name mix up. Don't know what I was thinking. Thanks Cory and Andy great event.
Tight lines, Ling King
Team Wilderness Systems
Ling King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:19 PM   #10
grey zone

Kurt sorry for my slow reply, thanks for the picture. You have to try those extra heavy sabikis nothing gets away.
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
Grego

Nice one Randy and Kurt!
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thanks for the bump Grego! I caught that in the middle of the kelps, ~60ft of water. Go figure. Good thing I had spectra!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #13
Grego

OH...was it that tourney?! I remember now...I had you scared cuz I came in early to kate sessions and hid my fish in the cooler, but I settled for 3rd with my hali...but I got a great prize, that soft fish cooler thing....I've used that on many occasions since then. Good times... Oh and I remember everyone whispering about how you caught that in the kelp....it was the BIG mystery gossip for a while, you sneaky guy you!
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote