Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #1
socalhomies
Junior

Newport Harbor Parking/Launching

Hello All -- I've read on this forum that the best place to launch in Newport Harbor is by the Coast Guard Station. Is ample parking available there? Also, is it free? Thanks!
socalhomies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #2
stevie951
Lurker

haven't been in a year or so but I heard the Coast Guard lot was closed due to covid but you can park on the street right there.. Make sure to bring wheels because the haul is pretty long to the water.... From there though it's a ten minute paddle out to open water.. bring some cut squid paddle about 1/4 mile out and you start to mark some nice rock piles it drops to 300 feet before you know it not much out there these days but you can pick one or two nice ones for dinner usually without issu unless the current is ripping then you need about 20 oz of weight fresh water wash down station/showers too are a plus when you land

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
igotpron
Xcoastie

Bring sand wheels! If the coast guard station is open, you can only park there after 6? Maybe 7. I don’t remember but signs are posted. There is not a lot of parking either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:12 AM   #4
soyaky
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalhomies View Post
Hello All -- I've read on this forum that the best place to launch in Newport Harbor is by the Coast Guard Station. Is ample parking available there? Also, is it free? Thanks!
Haven’t been there since December. If things are still the same, 6am is when you are allowed to park. If you get there at that time or shortly after, you will have parking. They do fill up fast tho. Plenty of street parking tho. Just a matter of wheeling it further. Parking is free and there’s about 15-20 spots roughly.
soyaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #5
Stuck20

I was just there. Parking "opens" at 6 but the lot is always open. Make sure you park on the side that says beach parking then short walk through the sand or down the concrete ramp to the beach. Free wash off showers too. Parking is free and doubles in size to both sides on the weekends
Stuck20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newport harbor