Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
T Bone

Take out the kids!

I just wanted to share some pics of some of the trips I had with my daughter kylie.She will be 7 this March.I had her on her uncle Damon's boat Freelance(My bro is a Capt.) at 4 pinned to the rail with bonita.We have had a blast fishing together on my Kayak this last year and had one day in particular that was insane in NPH,easily a 50 fish day and they were hitting everything.She was fishing plastics while I was catching flatties on the bottom.We had 8 flatties total and 2 legal.We had a bass slam with calicos,spotties and sandies and short WSB as well.She caught at least 5 short 'cuda several with her own cast,wind,grind-all at 6! I gave her the rod with a nice head shaker and she was a little scared but really freaked when I gaffed her first legal halibut.Great day.I see a tandem in our future.I try to load my kayak at night so she doesnt see it when I am going to Dana or LJ.Anyways enjoy.
Attached Images

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
steveooo

Nice T!!! Thats pretty rad that your daughter gets out there with you. I got my tandem with the intentions of bringing my kids out with me someday. The look on her face from the Hali's is priceless.

BTW, Does anyone else hear something whispering "Freelance Mothership" right now!?
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
steamroll

Awesome!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
T Bone

Yes the pregnant Calico was released.I also through in some pics with my son Dylan who will be 3 in May.Also a 70's pic with me and my Dad.We had a center console growing up.Check out the cool loon's nest floating on reeds in 12' water.I am looking to see and hear some of your fishing adventures with your kids.
Attached Images

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
T Bone

BTW that is My dad and brother in the Pic with the squid.Kylies grandpa let her crank up a squid in low gear.She had to use both hands and all her weight to get it to gaff.I gaffed 150+ G-squid that night with over 500 on the boat.There bellies were full of sandbass that should have been spawning.Take no prisoners with those squid.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
Sherm

Nice job T-bone. Nothing like fishing with the brats.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
vito
Junior

nice, my little gril whon't fish because she says it harms the fish, so she whon't go with me.
saludos
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
frugalfisher

Very Nice Family and Photos!

I hope you have a Happy New Year with many new fishing adventures!
James
Old 01-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
Dennis

That's awesome.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
Siebler

Make sure you get the kids to Capt. Ron Bakers 14th annual trout Derby at Lake Poway. Feb 7th. OEX will be there this year. Always an awesome event. Over 600 kids attended last year and the fishing was GREAT.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
yakrider

I remember when my daughter was that age...
sure miss those days....
nuthin' but happy is what they are when they're little!!!!
enjoy them while they're young...
we don't get no "do overs"...
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #12
bigbarrels

very cool and thanks for sharing!
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #13
bellcon

Quote:
I remember when my daughter was that age...
sure miss those days....
nuthin' but happy is what they are when they're little!!!!
enjoy them while they're young...
we don't get no "do overs"...
well said Granpa
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
mwm

Great Post! My youngest daughter is 7 and told me she wants to go out on my kayak this summer. Seeing another girl her age catching fish just got her more excited to go. I've been fishing with my dad since before I can remember doing it. Great to see you pass down the thrill to your kids. Hopefully you'll still be fishing with them when you're in your '80s like my father and I. Mike
mwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
T Bone

Definitely get your daughter out fishing.I dont really have the perfect setup for taking her,I just paddle with her in my lap and then she sits on the "Humminbird compatable" part of my Big Game.So far it works,but she is very little at 42# and I am going to have to figure out something different soon.
I fished as far back as I can remember.My grandfather and dad fished with Bill Poole on the origional Polaris.My dad had a CC growing up and we fished all the time.My dad thought it was funny to hand me a rod with a 40# albie on it when I was 7.Before it was all over I was crying but got the fish in with him helping to hold the rod at the end.We went to Cat. so much one summer my Brother and I jumped off and explored the Island all day.I found a Ram skull and a bunch of Abolone shells.Fishing memories are great memories.
I remember a few years ago when I was thinking about getting a kayak,I remember A guy taking his little boy out to LJ and handing him off a firecracker YT.That would be awesome.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #16
T Bone

a few more
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #17
jscott

My 5yo fighting a harbor barry.

here is her 1st fish---

and here is the shot of the proud dad and daughter before launching the first time.

For 2008--- this was my favorite trip of the year!! Will remember it forever! (We had one trip with over 20 barries-shorts in a 3hr session!)Resolution for 2009-- get Amber out more often!
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #18
MalibuJohnny

Take you children fishing

Love it now...Having raised my daughter since she was 5 (solo) we have had the best times fishing. I was once a deck hand on most of the local boats and still keep in touch with most of the captians. Sierra is now 14 and a cheerleader so, the time we had, is time I will always remember. 3 years ago I bought her a kayak and she took to it well, we spend time in the summers kayaking the back bay and where ever we can. I have another 5 year old daughter and will be blessed with my third little girl in April.

I will take them fishing too.

Thanks for sharing your cheer!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #19
T Bone

Jscott,those pics are awesome!She is bendo!I love those aggressive pencil 'cuda in the harbor.I have small krocs and jigs just for them.I hope you guys get out a lot this year.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #20
dorf

I live for taking my boys out (check the Avatar).
I my oldest (9 in March) is now big enough to take out my wife’s yak while the youngest (8 in April) rides my bow.
It can be tricky with 3 on the yak at one time but we make it work. I even took them out to LJ one time and they freaked out so much when the dolphins came by for a look. Unfortunately they ziged when I was trying to zag on the way in and we rolled in the surf. They don't want to hit LJ any more (at least until they are bigger...I hope).
We hit the bay and harbor a lot.
It's good to know I will always have a fishing buddy that is ready to go at any time.