Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

6/4 am you know why I like catching YT...

Becuase you don't have to measure them before you gaff them.

I launched at 4 this morning into the thick fog. Went to the pier for all you could catch small to candy bar sized greenies and micro spanish. Loaded the tank and headed out into the pea soup. Even with the gps I got turned around in the dark. I was paddling due west, and didn't look at my gps for a few minutes and next thing I knew I was paddling due east. Got out to the spot, ran into Brad and met Kurt. Dragged around the spots. Saw a guy land a small yt on the kayak, and heard about a wsb. The bonie express took my baits for a ride a few times. I landed one and kept it. I have never kept a bonito before, but wanted to try it first hand before I chimed in on the debate as to whether they are trash fish or not.

Sill nothing happening. Then I heard a boat hooting and hollering. As I paddled in that direction zzz zzz zzz zing on the low rig. From the stop and go hit I thought it might be a white, but as soon as I put it into gear it didn't feel like a wsb. After many missed gaff shots the little guy hit the deck:

I got out the YT pale ale I brought just in case and cracked it open to celebrate my first tail this year. its gotta be the beer.

On the troll back in I got picked up again on the low rig. This time a straight zing. Since I already killed one baby today I thought I may as well kill two and get a full meal.

Both went 7.5 pounds. Dave E also got one the same time I got my first one. Dave let me know your email and I'll send you the pics.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
GDDill
& desk jockey

Good pics & fish Tyler, well done!

I couldn't help but notice you have the same fishfinder I use. Out of curiosity, how did you afix your transducer?

Gary
Old 06-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

for the last trip the transducer wasn't even attached and it still worked. I have been using 3m 5200 for the transducer and it works great, however with all this really hot weather it bubbled. So I peeled the 5200 off the bottom of the transducer, and just sat the transducer down in some water I put into the hull for the last trip. It worked well but lost some sensitivity.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote