Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
stephenG

Long range question

So I been thinking about rolling out on a 1 1/2 day to get in on the limits style yellowtail fishing and a solid chance at some blue fin or mahi. Anyone ever fished on the Old Glory ? I'm planning to fish the middle of next week if anybody wants to roll.
PS. I realize this is a kayak forum but just hoped somebody had some non bias input.
-tight lines
stephenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
captnblood34

I'll bite. I did a 5 day on the excel and did great on blue fin...on day 3. Not trying to burst your bubble but waters not quite warm enough for dodo's this far north. We had 2 fluke hook ups on them. And the blue fin is still too far south for a 1 1/2. I suggest saving up some coin and hitting a 3+ day in Aug-Sept time frame. Meanwhile stay active on the reports from all local landings. You might do well on the YT but most of these short charters have alot of cut throat fisherman not as cordial as you or I, I wanted to beat old mens face in when I saw how rude and greedy they were. Picture this.... 55-60 dudes, 3 rows deep....everyone of them on the stern! WTF?!?! That was a 3/4 day at the Coronados.... A good yellowtail boat not targeting the islands will cruise and paddy hop and IMO is more fun. I'll do a LR trip with you next summer if your around. I punch out this weekend.

Tight lines boss,

J
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
stephenG

Thanks for tha input, not sure that the wife would let me spend the money and be gone long enough to pull off the 3+ day trip. Although im sure it would badass. I'm gonna fish next week anyways since I can get the days off and just cross my fingers for some quality action, should be able to get my first YT of the year anyway.
stephenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
ful-rac
Emperor

Just got back tuesday on 1.5 day, really rough weather limit style fishing on small 8-13# yellows 1 flathead and 1 bluefin. I really would rather have fished on my kayak....
Old 07-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

looks like the overnight boats got to touch some bluefin today. and the yt are starting to push up for some limit style fishing again.

on a side note.. i went out on a buddy's boat and we hit a paddy 4mi south of the nados. it was STACKED with 8-12# jellows. this was about 2pm and our bait was dead so they didnt bite for us.