Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
joyjiggin'

Eric and I can't make it...will be on honeymoon, sorry! Joy
joyjiggin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
robmandel

count me in.

after that, next time I see some of you guys it better be on the water
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

1. Chris
2. Tman
3. Clay
4. Dgax
5. Tyler
6. Matt
7. Steveooo
8. Billy V.
9. Dan
10. Maggie
11. T-Rex
12. Socal Shaggy
13. Zenspearo
14. Don
15. Iceman
16. Jim Sammons LJKF
17. rastrev
18. dos ballenas
19. teto116
20. Salsipuedas
21. Bellcon
22. robmandel
23. ?????????
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
PAL

We need more people. Find a way, pick up the phone and pressure your friends, send out a mass email blast. The other side is mobizing. We've owned the room most of the time. We can't give up now; we can't afford the impression that we're beaten or just don't care.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
greenscales
greenscales

Since it is AM, Count me in

I'll make it up there, so long as they don't postpone until past 3PM.

Does anyone have any photos of the college/high schoolers that were bussed in and wearing the shirts at the last event? I tried to take some on my phone, but they did not work out. Specifically the ones in Spanish. Those should be forwarded to the local radio hosts that get pissed regarding the immigration issues. This might wake them up. Also in light of the recent UC student protests, these same radio hosts and reporters might find some irony that the same silver spooned kids who were whining about the cost of tuition to go to school in Santa Barbara or Westwood could find funds to fund themselves to support the MLPAs last month. A bunch of hypocrites.

Of course the real reason they want us to stop fishing is to prevent Sea Lion Obesity. If they got rid of us, the fur bags would have start working to find food.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
nunyabizness1
Maggie

Hey guys,

I am very sorry that I can not attend this meeting. I have a committment at work that morning that I can't get out of. I am working hard to get the word out for people to attend this meeting on the BD site and have sent emails to the DFG commission and others with my comments. I HATE to miss this one but have no choice!

fgc@fgc.ca.gov <<<--- this is the email for the Fish and Game Commission if anyone wants to send comments via email
nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Funny, a certain someone who is very invloved in the process spoke to the bussed in kids and offered them free 1/2 day fishing passes, and they got all excited.

Until the teacher came into the fray...

It is his tale to tell, does not belong to this board as far as I know, but it was a sight to see...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #8
Iceman
Administrator

bump, latest press release

Quote:
Fish and Game Commission to Receive Proposals for
Marine Protected Areas on California’s South Coast
SACRAMENTO – The Fish and Game Commission (Commission) announced that it will hold a
joint session with the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF) on
Dec. 9 at the Radisson Hotel at the Los Angeles Airport.
Over the past 18 months, the BRTF has been working with the Regional Stakeholder Group
(RSG), Science Advisory Team (SAT), and the public to develop proposals for Marine Protected
Areas (MPAs) between Point Conception and the California/Mexico border. The five proposal
packages are available on the MLPA Web site http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/southcoastipa.asp.
At the Dec. 9 meeting, the Commission will receive public testimony from approximately 10:15
a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Those wishing to speak at this meeting must submit a speaker card which
will be available at the meeting location beginning at 9 a.m. Cards must be submitted prior to
10:10 a.m. The total time allotted per speaker will be based on the number of speaker cards
received. Speakers with a shared message or from the same organization are encouraged to
combine speaking points. Additional time for comment will be given to these ‘spokespeople’ and
those who have ceded their time can stand to show support.
Following public testimony, the Commission will receive presentations from the BRTF, SAT,
RSG, the Department of Fish and Game (DFG) and the Department of Parks and Recreation.
At this meeting, the Commission is expected to provide guidance to its staff concerning
preparation of the regulatory and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents.
No decisions will be made on the merits of any of the proposals at this meeting. Pursuant to
CEQA and the Administrative Procedure Act, the Commission will not adopt any regulations for
MPAs in the south coast at this meeting.
Vice President Richard Rogers, who will be chairman at this meeting, stated, “The Commission
may need to take additional time to consider all the information it has already received and
information it will receive at the meeting in order to make an informed decision on its preferred
alternative.”
Following the Dec. 9 meeting, staff will initiate the development of the appropriate CEQA and
regulatory documents. Preparation of these documents is expected to take several months.
After the documents are prepared, the CEQA document will be available for public review and
comment and the Commission will formally publish notice of its intent to adopt the regulations.
The Commission will hold a minimum of two additional meetings to receive public testimony on
the CEQA document and the proposed MPA regulations.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #9
sanpicuda
Junior

I'll be there. Hopefully the FGC will do the right thing. Both of my State Legislators support WG2's proposal, Senator Hollingsworth & Assemblyman Anderson.
sanpicuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
Oolie
Headshots Only

this is something i would gladly show up to if i could.

do justice by both sides guys.
but keep la jolla open
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Just so it is known, I was not dogging Fishionado...Dave knows that.

Nor was I dogging anyone else...just trying to motivate.

A big area of ours in North County is on the board to get sliced, along with parts of LJ. Parts of LJ that I grew up diving, surfing, and playing in...I never thought that I would not be able to share those beauties with my son, until now.

It is a wake up call for me.

If you don't think this process will affect you, think again. It is designed to do just that.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote