Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2014, 05:12 AM   #1
danjor

Pro Angler Cart Question

Just picked up a used pro angler 14, it came with a scupper cart with the beach wheels. Its a great cart except the whole having to turn the kayak on its side to insert the cart plus having the cart put pressure on the scuppers make me nervous. What type of carts do you all use? Any solutions that are easier to put under this massive kayak or just stick to the cart I have?
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #2
inbx3

I have a Wheeleez cart for my PA12. But it's also on a trailer so now I just go to the launch ramp and 2 min. later... done!
inbx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
danjor

Luckly it fits in the bed of my truck, barley but it does(shot 5.5 foot bed) with a bed extender. It is so much easier than throwing up all my previous kayaks on the roof rack. Was just thing about the times when you have to drag it to the launch from parking
Old 12-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #4
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Honestly if your just going from a parking area to the water you should have zero issue. I use the same type of cart and have not had any issue with them.
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #5
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Vega View Post
Honestly if your just going from a parking area to the water you should have zero issue. I use the same type of cart and have not had any issue with them.
Okay thanks. I am so excited to go try it out!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

Wheelez cart is the way to go, you might have to modify it slightly to get it just right for the pro angler, but when you do it's amazing. Nice thing about the wheelez wheels is that you can put them right where you need them to be so that your whole kayak is balanced. When it's balanced just right, you can basically move your fully loaded PA with one finger.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #7
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
Just picked up a used pro angler 14, it came with a scupper cart with the beach wheels. Its a great cart except the whole having to turn the kayak on its side to insert the cart plus having the cart put pressure on the scuppers make me nervous. What type of carts do you all use? Any solutions that are easier to put under this massive kayak or just stick to the cart I have?

Yeah, lifting the PA and putting in teh scupper cart after a day on the water can be a challenge if you can't enlist some assistance. I'm interested in alterantive solutions as well
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
roadx

The wheeleez cart has its draw backs too. Anything other than flat ground is a pain.
And it needs a little modification to make it work optimally. But I believe its a better solution than the scupper cart
Old 12-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #9
MissileTM

I use the Hobie Heavy Duty cart for my PA when launching from a ramp. Wheel it right in the water and then you just pull up your sleeve on your right arm past the elbow, slightly lift the boat with your left hand and reach under to remove it when knee deep in water. Easy to put back under the boat when you are done by slightly lifting the PA up from the hand rail and reaching under to slide the cart back in the scupper holes behind the seat.

I also have the HD cart with sand wheels and you cannot remove or install them without tipping up the PA on dry land. They work great for sand and beach launching, but it will tear the crap out of your boat tipping it on it's side on the launch ramp.
MissileTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Wheelez cart is the way to go, you might have to modify it slightly to get it just right for the pro angler, but when you do it's amazing. Nice thing about the wheelez wheels is that you can put them right where you need them to be so that your whole kayak is balanced. When it's balanced just right, you can basically move your fully loaded PA with one finger.
OR for about $200 and a couple hours of your time you can buy the Wheel eez tire and axle kit and build your own. I did and it works fine for my Outback and Thresher. Or ask Svendawg about his. The wheels make all the difference in the sand.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
OR for about $200 and a couple hours of your time you can buy the Wheel eez tire and axle kit and build your own. I did and it works fine for my Outback and Thresher. Or ask Svendawg about his. The wheels make all the difference in the sand.
Best idea yet, and at the same time I can test out the aluminum spool on my welder.
Time to be creative
Old 12-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
jorluivil

This is what I use

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
socal.beach.bum

Don't mean to thread jack, but I have a wheeleez mini cart lying around if anyone's interested.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #14
tamddo714

Wheelez wheels are the best. I always get a kick out of people struggling to drag, pull, or carry their kayaks across the sand while im comfortably pulling mine across the soft sand. It might cost a bit more than other carts but they work well.
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote