Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
bkd54
Yak Fisher

Point Fermin

Has anyone launch from the Oceanside of Carrillo Beach and fished the kelp beds off Point Fermin, and how big are the wave when launching from the beach.
bkd54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:28 PM   #2
theluckypig

it's a south facing beach... usually pretty easy, but keep tabs on the predicted surf... can be shore pound... paid parking, about 30 yards from the launch...
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #3
stevie951
Lurker

or if you have a buddy you can take turns walking your yaks down 1 at a time and just park up top on the street in the residential parking

only done it once or twice.. always seemed to have better luck launching in the bay there then paddling over to the break walls by angels gate and fishing for rocks.. there's a bit more fresh water moving in and out so those fish should be fine to eat

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:57 AM   #4
tak100
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckypig View Post
it's a south facing beach... usually pretty easy, but keep tabs on the predicted surf... can be shore pound... paid parking, about 30 yards from the launch...
Exactly.

I have fished this area for a couple of years now. The surf is usually manageable but check the surf websites for wind and wave info before driving down. The point holds a lot of fish occasionally something with a little size. The kelp was down last year. I am hoping for a rebound this year. I was out in January and it was pretty slow but still had a good time.

You can search for Cabrillo to see tons of fish reports by myself and others for what you can expect to catch out there.
tak100 is offline   Reply With Quote