Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
DaveC

La Jolla 2/8

Not much to report. Launched into ankle snappers, no wind to speak of. Fished out to in front of the hotel and back for nothing. Not much activity out there at all. No working birds, a little bit of bait and thats it. Water temp on my meter was between 57 and 57.5. Water color was a clean green, with some spots with a lot of debris. I was hoping this high pressure and the upcoming moon would kick something off. Didn't happen.

Dave
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
Ryan The Sealion

yeah I was out there too.. to wind, no current, no feesh nice day tho.
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
madscientist

Sorry to hear it was another slow morning. At least it sounds like the water looks better. There was tons of bait out there last night. Feels like LJ is primed and ready, just need the predators to show up. Maybe on the other side of this moon.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
twinfin

Did a lunch run 11:45-2....All quiet for me, ended up in the kelp for some calicos and a sandy to ease my pain It's a hum-dinger of a day out there---get outside!
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
Ryan The Sealion

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfin
Did a lunch run 11:45-2....All quiet for me, ended up in the kelp for some calicos and a sandy to ease my pain It's a hum-dinger of a day out there---get outside!
yeah i'ma start bringin a bassrod w/ spectra and fishin the weeds on the slow days..gettin skunked sux.. u get any decent size cali's..?
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
twinfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan The Sealion
yeah i'ma start bringin a bassrod w/ spectra and fishin the weeds on the slow days..gettin skunked sux.. u get any decent size cali's..?
Lately, most are in the 3# range with a couple of bigger and smallers here and there.....also looking in between weeds for flat ones on the plastic.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
Mr_PeaCH

Twinfin and Ryan,

What's the condition of the kelp in LJ these days? The ones in north county don't seem to have bounced back yet and I like fishing the kelp when I can tie off and pot hole deeper into it w/o drifting and snagging too much.
Mr_PeaCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #8
twinfin

There's plenty to tie off to....i personally like to drift the submerged stringers if the current isn't too strong in order to increase both the area that I'm working, and in hopes of finding that sandy patch with a thick flatty hanging out---I'd take a WSB too