Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #21
summers in kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
DOOOOOD nice work! Great lookin filets right there
Thanks brother! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Thanks for turning in the head...let us know if it was tagged...
Great job...
Thanks Jim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabs63 View Post
Dude, showing up the yellowtail reports with the . Congrats bro. Nice fish.

By the way, I was marking the same massive bait balls on Thursday. Lots of life out there!
haha. Thanks. I just try and push my own limits and goals. But maybe we should bring back WCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Congrats Todd. Nice WSB. I was out Friday and again today, and found bait even harder to find today. Still the water temp is nuts. Today I metered 78.9 when coming back in over the canyon in 178 feet. I do think some of the harder time finding bait is when I don't get there till it's light already. Those fillets look so good, I'm getting hungry.
Mark, I hope all is well brother! Yeah this water is so warm right now. I cant believe we haven't seen a tuna/dodo post yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Nice fish. Even nicer that you are turning in the head. And even nicerer (or is it nicerest?) that you have been releasing the smaller legals to keep up the gene pool.
Greg,

Nice of you to be so nice Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
It was fun Celebrating with you "Summers in Kuwait". Thank you for the great pics as well I hope to see you out there this weekend. I will be taking my nephew out for the first time, in a tandem paddle.
Cheers Mike and congrats again!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and congratulations!

Much appreciated.

Here is a short clip from that day, along with some footage from the last couple trips. A little halibut action in there and some fun sailing offshore.

summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #22
govomit

head donated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers in kuwait View Post
Greetings all,
Head is in the freezer and will be donated.
Excellent report, the way they all should be.
Newbee question - why and how is a head "donated" ? I bury mines in the backyard when the neighbor isn't looking.
govomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #23
Phishphood

Quote:
Originally Posted by govomit View Post
Excellent report, the way they all should be.
Newbee question - why and how is a head "donated" ? I bury mines in the backyard when the neighbor isn't looking.
Hubbs-Seaworld research institute, which runs the WSB hatchery/ tagging program under contract from CDFW is always asking for wsb heads to be returned for tag scanning and some other measurements. There are various drop off locations. If you want the otoliths returned, just request them on a note including your address, as well as catch date/ location as well as any other useful information like depth, water temp, gut contents, sex, bait.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #24
Phishphood

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...wjlCZBA1fC3F91

Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #25
summers in kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood View Post
Hubbs-Seaworld research institute, which runs the WSB hatchery/ tagging program under contract from CDFW is always asking for wsb heads to be returned for tag scanning and some other measurements. There are various drop off locations. If you want the otoliths returned, just request them on a note including your address, as well as catch date/ location as well as any other useful information like depth, water temp, gut contents, sex, bait.

Phishpood!

Govomit,

The Ocean Resources Enhancement and Hatchery Program (OREHP) is one of the few stocking programs dedicated to assessing the biological and economic impacts of its releases, and is the only program of its kind on the west coast of North America.

Each juvenile white seabass released through OREHP is tagged internally in the cheek with a 1 mm long stainless steel coded wire tag (CWT). This CWT is not visible externally on the fish and can only be located with a specialized scanning and detection device.

Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute needs your help to track OREHP’s effectiveness. Please save and freeze heads of adult white seabass with the stones/ear bones intact. HSWRI will scan donated heads for internal tags and collect the appropriate age and
genetic stock information.

summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #26
govomit

Thank you both for the detailed info. If I ever catch a legal WSB, I'll know what to do.
govomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #27
bubbacee7

Envious!!!!!!
bubbacee7 is offline   Reply With Quote