Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers - Archive > West Coast Whoppers 2011

Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Hay Jorge can I borrow your paddle?

No, but you can place your measuring sticker between here and here

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
No, but you can place your measuring sticker between here and here
your " here and here " is about 3/8th too short for my measuring sticker.

1837 post that cant be right? its like your going backwards or something

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
Billy V

Next years idea... Step it Up!

Only 40+ lb. Yellowtail, 50+ lb. WSB, and 35+ lb. Halibut, Qualify for Submission.

Go Big - Donkeys Only.
----------------------------------
Submit them all if you can qualify. Anyone can catch a lot of little fish, but it takes a skilled angler to land the donkey.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #24
dorado50

I suggest that there be no losers. Anyone that enters is a winner! This way is equally fair to all who participate.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
j mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
I suggest that there be no losers. Anyone that enters is a winner! This way is equally fair to all who participate.
lol! just like life- equality, justice and ambiguous halibut for all
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #26
RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post

Dave's right!!
Everyone should get a juice box and a candy bar, we should model WCW after little league.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #27
Salty Dog
loves bacon

Sweeten The Pot

1st place gets a 12-pack of beer from from all participants.

5th to 2nd-to-last place gets WCW Merit Badges.

Last place gets a WCW Badge of Shame. Biggest loser has to tow around the 1st place winner for an entire day of fishing and must perform all bait making and beer wenching duties.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #28
PegLegFury

I'm a new member but I'm up to join the next WCW. After going through the past rules and this thread I thought of a couple more species

Black Sea Bass- Obviously it needs to be unhooked and released in a safe and timely manner but I also think that if you manage to reel one of these beasts in and a pic can be taken (preferably with fish at surface and not in a lap) and its of mature age why not count it. Since you cant get a satisfactory length or weight for scoring without removing the fish from the water just have a flat score, say 40pts per catch

Thresher- can have a similar scoring as seabass or something like 20pts for 75lbs plus 1pt per lb after that.

I do like the idea of adding stripers, calico and sand bass so far though
And I'm all for 3 different classes but thats probably cause Im inexperienced on a kayak
PegLegFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #29
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegLegFury View Post
I'm a new member but I'm up to join the next WCW. After going through the past rules and this thread I thought of a couple more species

Black Sea Bass- Obviously it needs to be unhooked and released in a safe and timely manner but I also think that if you manage to reel one of these beasts in and a pic can be taken (preferably with fish at surface and not in a lap) and its of mature age why not count it. Since you cant get a satisfactory length or weight for scoring without removing the fish from the water just have a flat score, say 40pts per catch

Thresher- can have a similar scoring as seabass or something like 20pts for 75lbs plus 1pt per lb after that.

I do like the idea of adding stripers, calico and sand bass so far though
And I'm all for 3 different classes but thats probably cause Im inexperienced on a kayak
I'll get the popcorn

Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
PegLegFury

yeah those thresher and bsb sizes and scoring's just an example. I'll leave it to judges and/or other members to decide whats what. I dont think most yak fishers even equip themselves with gear that could put up with a fullgrown from these species anyway.

I just figured decent sized bsb's and threshers are commonly hooked from yaks in SoCal and they eat the same stuff as the wsb's, yt's and butts so it shouldn't be a pointless (get it) 'chore' to reel it in to get your lure/hook back.

I'd probably leave bsb's off the scoring simply because I dont think people should purposefully target them but if Im trying to get wsbs or halibut and I pull up a similar sized bsb instead i'd like to get points. They're both challenging fish and kudos are given when someone posts pics on the forum. Why not add'em?
PegLegFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #31
roadx

is there going to be a WCW for 2013?????
Old 09-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #32
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadx View Post
is there going to be a WCW for 2013?????

I sure hope so

Old 10-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #33
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I sure hope so
Dont hold your breath!!!

http://www.december212012.com/

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #34
Mackerel Masher
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Dont hold your breath!!!

http://www.december212012.com/
Whew... I was going to turn 40 on the 23rd! Gonna dodge that bullet.

So... (yes I know I new here) here is how we run our yearly tournament over at BOCA.

Rules:
  • There are NO entry fees but you must be a Blackman owner to participate! Blackman Skippers must be current with their BOCA dues during the tournament ($25.00 annually) to compete.
  • No minimum weights other than all entries must comply with applicable California and/or Mexican fish and game regulations for size to qualify.
  • The boundaries will be opened up to include anywhere you can tow or pilot your boat with the trip starting and ending from your home port.
  • Time frame will be November 1, 2011 until October 31. 2012. Skippers can enter at any time but fish can only be submitted that are caught after the date the dues are paid and Skipper has officially entered the tournament
  • Points are earned based on the point system below. Only one fish from each category is counted at a time. Skippers may replace a previously submitted entry with a larger fish of the same species up until the end of the tournament. Total score is calculated by adding the points earned for each species. Skipper with the largest overall point total wins.
  • Points will be tracked on the BOCA Leader Board. Each Skipper will have his own page on the Bocapix site, which will display the qualifying pictures. Skippers will access their page by clicking on their name on the BOCA Leader Board
  • All fish caught or released on your boat (by any angler on board) will be credited to your boat.
  • Proof of catch and weight:
    • A photo of the fish (including the boat) to be submitted within 30 days of the catch. Photo will be posted and weight added to the Skippers total. Skipper is responsible for insuring his totals are updated correctly by monitoring the site and advising BOCA Board Admin of any errors as soon as possible
    • Weight - Preferred method is to weigh all fish on land with a quality scale unless practicing catch and release in which case weighing the fish on board is acceptable. Skippers are encouraged to calibrate their scales before the tournament starts and periodically throughout the season. All weights rounded to the nearest whole number with .5 being rounded up to the next whole number.
  • Marlin and sharks to have picture taken with fish at least at leader if being released.
  • *Wildcard entry, any fish not on the list, excluding skates, rays Molas or sharks.
Eligible Species:

Marlin 100 points max (would like to see a release)
Thresher Shark 50 points max (would like to see a release)
Mako Shark 50 points max (would like to see a release)
Swordfish 1 point per pound
Bigeye 1 point per pound
Yellowfin 2 points per pound
Bluefin 2 points per pound
Albacore 2 points per pound
Yellowtail 2 points per pound
White Seabass 2 points per pound
Dorado 3 points per pound
California Halibut 3 points per pound
Lingcod 4 points per pound
Rockcod (Sebates) 6 points per pound
Sandbass 7 points per pound
Calico Bass 7 points per pound
Wildcard 2 points per pound

So thems our rules.

Now here is how the year ended today:

http://bocapix.com/Leader%20Board%202012.htm

So... again, just an FYI of how we do ours (yes I know I'm new here).

P.E.T.A MEMBER
Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
1981 23' Albacore Special
Mackerel Masher
Hobie Outback
Mackerel Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #35
maui jim

Talking

I believe the only thing missing is a Slot Limit Cull.....
Old 06-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #36
HobieOneCanoebe

bass

Would we only be counting legal bass or do shorties count for the monthly total? Given you don't catch 5 legal bass.
HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote