Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
AirborneYak

To all the Veterans.

I know we have a lot of military former and active guys on the board. I just wanted to say if you need someone to talk to make sure you do. If you havent talked to one of your battle buddies in awhile, please reach out to them. A call, text or even email could make a difference.

If you need help, you can call 1-800-273-8255

https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.

About 22 veterans are lost every day to suicide. http://www.mission22.com/

We almost lost one today. He was very lucky to have a wide group of friends and family who helped and jumped into action quickly. It tears at me every time I hear of a friend, family, or old battle buddies who chose the permanent solution to their demons. I implore you to seek help.

We are brother/sisters in arm and need to continue to look after each other even after we step away from our uniform.

So, lets grab a beer and fish.

Paul

Mods, if this post violates any rules, please delete it.
AirborneYak is offline   Reply With Quote