Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
dadandsonkayak

RVing

ok so me and my dad definately wanna get into kayak fishing but the problem is that WHERE WOULD WE STAY?!?! we have a 40 foot rv that would be a pain in the but to drive back and forth week after week. So my dad is willing to pay 100 dollars a month to have it stay down there through februrary- june. so if you know a park that is tha cheap could you let me know? or if you are or know someone who has enough property to hold a 40 foot rv we will be more than happy to pay 100 dolars a month to dry camp there. so if you or someone you know wants to make a cheap buck let me know.. thx
Old 01-27-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
Jason

Check this place out...

http://www.campland.com/

I don't know what the rates are, but it's right on the water in Mission Bay. It's not too far from LJ either.

Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
dadandsonkayak

YIKES! a little too pricey. nice place though
Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Rob929

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadandsonkayak View Post
YIKES! a little too pricey. nice place though

Yes, Campland is one of the priciest around..

The only reasonable rv parks are Santee Lakes, Admiral Baker (a great option if either of you happen to be military- its in Mission Valley) Or Sante Fe RV Resort. They are all roughly $20-22 a night with full hook ups, or admiral baker has and area to dry camp for about $14 a night. Sante Fe is right off the 5 between PB and La Jolla- a great location, but they usually have limited spots, even more so for a 40 foot rig, as they only have a few spots that will accomodate that size. Also these rates are for monthly/ full-timers. Daily and weekly rates are going to be more $$

If you are looking for parking only, I would check craigslist. A lot of people will rent you parking on a private lot lot for $80-120. Thats currently how I have my 36 footer stored.

You can also check many of the storage facilities that have rv parking and you could probably find one in the area you are looking to keep it.

As far as using it to come down to fish, you are going to be limited on where you can park. there are areas along PCH you can day park, as well as several parking lots/ parks along the coast. There is a nice huge parking lot in Solona beach that is good for day use, but most of these areas restrict overnight camping. There are also campgrounds along the coast, but you need reservations way in advance- check the California state parks website for info and reservations.

Thats all I can think of, i have looked into this before as you can prob tell, let me know if you have any questions I missed
Rob929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
dadandsonkayak

what about parking and coming down on the weekends?