Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Aaron

FS: 2011 Hobie Pro Angler w/ HDS-5, hobie livewell, hoops and more

New job and a new baby equals no time to take out the beast. Great boat that really has it all. And that includes the best sonar on the market for doing what we do, the Lowrance HDS-5 Nautic Insight (Sonar and GPS w/ the extended West Marine warranty. Run it over and they'll give you a new one), a hobie livewell with an extra battery and a ton of other extras (12v rechargeable battery and charger, wet mount well, rolling cart, Ritchie compass, scotty rod holders, hobie rod extenders, swivel seat, etc.). The boat is a 2011 so it has the new, upgraded steering that everyone seems to dig. Also includes everything that Hobie throws in with the boat (turbo fins, paddle, water bottle, etc.). I modified the factory hobie paddle to be a 2 piece SUP paddle which is pretty cool for getting around, just ask Kurtfish, the king of SUP PA'ing!! Always garage kept and in tip top shape.

I've got a couple of complete hoop net setups that I'll throw in plus a bunch of other odds and ends that I've accumulated over the years. Price is $3200 for everything. I'm in Huntington Beach. You can get a hold of me at: (9five1) 8one6-99six9. Thanks.

Cheers,
Aaron

p.s. I can get more pics of the stuff if you really want them but good grief, the stuff is all in great shape and we are all familiar with what it looks like. Look at the hobie stock photos of the PA and bait tank, the lowrance photos of the hds-5, and picture a mound of kayak gear and that's what you'll be getting...A complete setup that you could launch and start killin' 'em on your ride home. Really sad to see this one go. I'll be back soon enough...
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
kantstudien

For $3200, I would like to see some more pics man. Sounds like a freakin' awesome setup!
kantstudien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantstudien View Post
For $3200, I would like to see some more pics man. Sounds like a freakin' awesome setup!
As soon as I get a moment to breathe, I'll try to get some more pics up. In the meanwhile:

I've received a few phone calls from people asking about the various components with this thing and possibly not buying everything I have in the garage. I'd rather sell all as a complete package, but here's the price breakdown of how I'd be willing to bundle things together if somebody wanted...

Hobie Pro Angler and all the stuff that came with it (mirage drive, paddle, tackle tote, etc.): $2300

Hobie PA + Lowrance HDS-5 with Nautic Insight: $2800

Hobie PA + Lowrance HDS-5 with Nautic Inisght + Hobie Livewell: $2950

Hobie PA + Lowrance HDS-5 with Nautic Insight + Hobie Livewell + a bunch of other "stuff" (life jacket, hoop nets, gaff, seat cushion, rod holder extenders, cart, etc. etc.): $3000

If you call and I don't pick up, be sure to leave a message.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I modified the factory hobie paddle to be a 2 piece SUP paddle which is pretty cool for getting around, just ask Kurtfish, the king of SUP PA'ing!!
If you wouldn't mind, could you share how you modified the paddle to a SUP? I have an idea but wanted to see how you fared. Sorry for the thread jack!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
If you wouldn't mind, could you share how you modified the paddle to a SUP? I have an idea but wanted to see how you fared. Sorry for the thread jack!
No problem man, pretty simple stuff. Hacksaw to the half of the paddle that you don't use (the half with "the button") a few inches down from where the blade meets the handle, being sure to keep the cut square. Put the two pieces together and insert the t-handle into the cut-off end. Turn the t-handle until it sits right in relation to the blade and mark the fiberglass about where the button should come through. Measure it out and drill it to the appropriate size, I think somewhere around 3/8". I used a "step bit" to drill it so that the fiberglass didn't crack or get shredded. Works like a champ, didn't have to buy another paddle, and comes apart for transport and storage on the boat. Hope that helps.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
blitzburgh

Awesome, Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
PapaDave

Swivel seat? Where did you get that?
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDCh View Post
Swivel seat? Where did you get that?
West Marine. You mount a swiveling bracket between the seat and the mounting braces. Pull up a lever and the seat locks into something like 8 different positions around a full 360.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #9
EddieG
Junior

Look forward to picking it up on Tuesday. Thanks

EddieG 619-994-4537
EddieG is offline   Reply With Quote