Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #21
Limits
Kayak Fanatic

Exellent write-up.

I'm one of those 'minimalist' myself. Got caught with my shorts down once too many times.

Now I leave nothing out of the quiver. Thanks for sharing.
Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #22
Whizz Bang

Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #23
steveooo

Nice! I was out last thursday mid-morning and had a school breeze by me and start puddling within casting distance... Unfortunately I was about 300 yds into the reserve
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #24
TCS

Scored a jigstick at Fred Hall. Gino helped me find a deal. Thanks bro.

Unfortunately the only reel I have for it at the moment is a penn 500, but what the hell, its a step in the right direction. A bigger concern than distance and backlash is having yellowtail pooling and I don't even know they're there.

One step at a time I guess.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #25
THE DARKHORSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
Skill and a boat load of practice. I bet you Josh has well over a couple million casts under his belt. When you do domething often enough you get very good at it. Like his ability to spot fish. I've been on the water a lot and Josh can spot fish better than anyone i've met.

Sherm's right. Sure, I can cast, but so can just about any ol' deckhand. Speaking of which, the deck of a sportboat is probably the best place to learn how to throw the plug...and for most guys, probably the best place to brush up on your sight fishing skills, too.

Once you impove and are confident in your swing, it easily translates to the kayak. The fact of the matter is, I'm just a regular guy.

Anyone can do it!...practice, practice, practice.

Oh yeah, I was prepared today!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #26
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
The fact of the matter is, I'm just a regular guy.

Anyone can do it!...practice, practice, practice.

Oh yeah, I was prepared today!
Yeah, right and Tiger is just a regular golfer. Then again, I bet he also spent a bit of time practicing back in the day.

Josh, we all know that you are just a regular guy who puts his pants on the same way as the rest of us. When you get out on the water, however you cease to be ordinary.

You have earned these complements along with our respect and envy.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #27
bellcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Envy

From Wikipedia,

Envy (also called invidiousness) may be defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."[1]
Envy can also derive from a sense of low self-esteem that results from an upward social comparison threatening a person's self image: another person has something that the envier considers to be important to have. If the other person is perceived to be similar to the envier, the aroused envy will be particularly intense, because it signals to the envier that it just as well could have been he or she who had the desired object.[2][3]
Bertrand Russell said envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[4] It is a universal and most unfortunate aspect of human nature because not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his envy, but also wishes to inflict misfortune on others.

J/K Bob

I will stick with respect
mucho respecto!

(Both on and off the playing field, unlike Mr. Woods )

Nice Yellow Josh
Very nice

Old 03-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #28
MalibuJohnny

ENVY

Quote:
Yeah, right and Tiger is just a regular golfer. Then again, I bet he also spent a bit of time practicing back in the day.

Josh, we all know that you are just a regular guy who puts his pants on the same way as the rest of us. When you get out on the water, however you cease to be ordinary.

Bob
To ENVY another man?...do regular guys do that?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #29
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Envy Explained

Yes Johnny, many regular guys do occasionally envy the accomplishments, experiences, good fortune and/or material possessions of some other guys, (or girls for that matter). I bet you are one of them.

I for one, envy the experiences and witnessed history that someone like Walter Cronkite had during his many years as a reporter. Until I became self employed, I envied the entrepreneurs who were able to march to the beat of their own drummer as they built that better mouse trap. I also envy the innocence and boundless energy of the young and the patience and wisdom that can be found in many of our elders.

Does this make me less of a "regular guy"? If so, than I am very comfortable with that label.

For the record, I do in fact envy Josh in several ways. He gets to have more time on the water in a month than I do in a year. And yes, the guy knows how to fish. Maybe I am alone in envying that skill set, but I suspect that there may be more than a few others who are feel the same as I.

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 03-30-2010 at 11:28 AM.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #30
DENNYh

Nothing like a jig strike huh. Don't forget to give credit to the flat bill hat and kaenons
DENNYh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #31
Rob929

Quote:
Yes Johnny, many regular guys do occasionally envy the accomplishments, experiences, good fortune and/or material possessions of some other guys, (or girls for that matter). I bet you are one of them.

I for one, envy the experiences and witnessed history that someone like Walter Cronkite had during his many years as a reporter. Until I became self employed, I envied the some entrepreneurs who were able to march to the beat of their own drummer as they built that better mouse trap. I also envy the innocence and boundless energy of the young and the patience and wisdom that can be found in many of our elders.

Does this make me less of a "regular guy"? If so, than I am very comfortable with that label.

For the record, I do in fact envy Josh in several ways. He gets to have more time on the water in a month than I do in a year. And yes, the guy knows how to fish. Maybe I am alone in envying that skill set, but I suspect that there may be more than a few others who are feel the same as I.

Bob
Well said.. count me as one those others.
Rob929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #32
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuJohnny View Post
To ENVY another man?...do regular guys do that?

Malibu Johnny, Put up or shut up!!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #33
MalibuJohnny

What? It was just a question...not a slam.

[QUOTE=driftwood;54128]Malibu Johnny, Put up or shut up!!

It was just a question...not a slam. After reading this...Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety

Envy

From Wikipedia,

Envy (also called invidiousness) may be defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."[1]
Envy can also derive from a sense of low self-esteem that results from an upward social comparison threatening a person's self image: another person has something that the envier considers to be important to have. If the other person is perceived to be similar to the envier, the aroused envy will be particularly intense, because it signals to the envier that it just as well could have been he or she who had the desired object.[2][3]
Bertrand Russell said envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[4] It is a universal and most unfortunate aspect of human nature because not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his envy, but also wishes to inflict misfortune on others.

J/K Bob

I will stick with respect
mucho respecto!

I had to ask....did you not read this?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #34
j mo

douche nozzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
If we can't get a "dislike" button, can we get a "douche nozzle" button?
x2
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

I envy Jimmy Buffet...guess I'm not a regular guy...

Actually, being able to do a show whilst my 'boat' is docked right outside, ready to whisk me away to any tropical Paradise, ya, I would hope others would be envious...

It is all a matter of opinion...and those backup singers...anyone know when he's coming back?

Threadjack over...what were we talking about?

Jimmy Buffett, or guys living their dreams?

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:52 AM   #36
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

I respect anyone with the mad fishing skills. To sit on a piece of plastic and do it well just ups the game. Anyway beautiful fish!
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote