Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

Owen's River Ground Hogs Day

9 of us met at the HWY 6 bridge at 8:30 am to float and fish our way down to Line St. That is 3 miles as the crow flies, but nearly 8 squiggly miles of river. We had it all too ourselves unless you count the cows. Steveo pulled in a fish from the bank while the rest of us were still getting ready.

This was my first trip to the Owens and I had a blast. More than one person made sacrifices to this river, the faster water into curves with lots of growth meant, no rods sticking up and paddle hard to maintain control! I was expecting it to be a little more of a "lazy" flow and opted to bring the SUP. There is no way that was going to work with the fin on, so fin-less I went which made it wander just a bit, but I stayed dry. Every body caught fish and Eagle Eye John took the jack pot with a beauty. There were some good ones lost too. We timed our landing just around sunset and headed into Bishop for steak dinners all around. Great trip, great guys to fish with and a helluva an adventure.

Thanks to Steve, Steve O, Ron, Grego, Naoki, Yoshi, John and Paul for joining me on this adventure. Steve and I bombed it! We left Seal Beach at 3 am, got to Bishop around 8am, hit the return road home after dinner at 7:30 and got home right around midnight. Everyone else stayed over for the spa treatment.

Last edited by Iceman; 02-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote