Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
landwhale

Me Cabrillo and Live Bait

I RARELY fish live bait and today just reminds me I need to do it a little more often was all thumbs today

Literally

Started off the day at the bait barge and as we drifted away and the rods I took out of the flush holders to get bait in my lap started putting them back and my favorite Big Hammer let me know how it felt about live bait day

Thankfull I had company for the day (hoping to learn some thing from these 2)

Greg and James were life savers Greg with tools band aids and James for having the nerve to yank the line I tied around the hook on the lead head James was as surprised as I was at how easy it went and even today no pain. Same technique Ben used on me at La Jolla Thanks again.

As for the fishing all I got were a couple of leg less lizards. Fished the channel light breakwater and then got lost man they filled the hell out of the whole area covering up kelp and drop offs. The wind started up pretty early then slowly wound down to nothing by 1:30.

Great day and will be doing again after the FH show.

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote