Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Hobie Seat Upgrade

A couple weeks back as I was heading home from La Jolla I decided to stop by the OEX in Oceanside since I had never been there. Rik informed me about the "new" Hobie seat upgrade.

I have a 2010 Hobie Outfitter, and I wanted to do an upgrade on both the seats to the 2012 version. My last Hobie Revolution also developed a crack right in this area due to the seat peg (I think) being over-tightened. Hobie never offered the black inserts that go into the seats, so I never had the opportunity until now.

Price: $10 for the uprgrade kit, $20 for the bit

Thanks for all the help Rik!! I'm liking the new upgrade....

The kit includes: the seat upgrades, black inserts, epoxy, pvc caps, sandpaper, gloves, and tongue depresser.

Before the upgrade...

First, you need to go into the hull through the hatch and fill the pvc cap with the quick setting epoxy. The pvc cap is then attached to the "nipple" of the "seat hole" or scupper that you plan on making the upgrade to. Let the epoxy cure for 24hrs.

Then, you need a bit to make way for the black inserts...

Screw in the black inserts...

Last edited by roby; 10-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote