Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

La Jolla on 4-4-06 Sonic BOOM!! and a yellow tail...

Just not the right kind... :?

Well, I always fish April 4th out of respect for the greats Duke Ellington, and Muddy Waters... Let's just say the weatherman was dead wrong today... Woke up around 5:45, looked kind of dark out, but by the time, I made it the the launch clear skies, light winds, 1 ft surf... Got the sunset, what a nice feeling to not be at work today!

Tough, tough, tough to find bait... Dropped on every blip on my sonar for nada... Finally pulled up this small rock fish on the sabiki, released it.

Paddled around the corner, still no bait. Finally, that mackerel bounce on the sabiki, started reeling, came unbuttoned! :x Could not find bait anywhere else. My meter read around 60 degrees, and my VHF weather station reported a similar water reading.

Decided to head into the kelp around horseshoe, only problem, no kelp!! It was submerged again, for the most part. Hooked up this Calico.

Wind picked up, decided to head in and fish along the kelp, which became a little more thick near the yellow buoy.

Sent down a fish trap, got this white fish-released.

As I was paddling, I heard a loud BOOOOM! and the water shook me in my kayak. Anyone hear or feel that on land? Here is a pic from that moment.

Landed to 1fters, it is tourist season, watch out!!

Overall, pretty slow morning, at least I got to reel in something.

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote